Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Friday evening June 9

Dear Friends,
Dana and I have just returned from spending time with Nan in her ICU suite this evening. Her nurse reports that things are mostly quiet, stable and peaceful this evening. Her kidneys are beginning to do better with output than for most of the day. Her liver is still not working correctly and is receiving a special medication to encourage it to work better. Her heart was weakened by the shock it received during surgery and will take some time to get better.

Nan is possibly facing some additional surgery tomorrow or the next day. They need to remove the pads, clean her up and eventually close the belly. However they only want to do that when she is stable enough. We were treated very kindly today by Michelle, the physicians assistant who took time to answer our questions and give us advice about was taking place in Nan's care.

Roxanna Carino, the friend Nan has been living with in Conn., drove up today and spent the day visiting Nan, having lunch with us and just helping us through the day. We enjoyed our time with her very much. We have visited Nan many times today but are not allowed to speak to her as that upsets her and gets her heart beating differently. So we hang back, ask questions and just enjoy our time in Nans room.

I would like to ask you to lift Nan up in prayer tonight, seeking God's healing, His power, His love. If there was a time she needs our prayers it is now. We feel God has led us to this hospital, to this marvelous surgical team, to the incredible hospital, Brigham and Womens. My prayer is that God will continue to bless Nan in his special ways.

Thank you for your love, your prayers and for caring.

Sincerely

Tim

12 Comments:

  • At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is Jesse Martinez and I am writing in response to Nan's Friday evening update. My husband Ken had Gist and passed away after 6 short months of his dx, in Feb of 2005. A little over a year ago. He died in Boston while on a routine trip to Dana Farber to get his Sutent in the Compassionate Use trial. He was cared for very tenderly in the short time he was at the Brigham. He went home to our Lord there. Nan couldn't be in better hands. I just wanted you to know that we too (Ken and I both) felt drawn to Dana Farber, the Brigham and the physicians at both. God's caring hands directed us there. I felt the same connection for you in the update for Nan. Please, when you are able, tell her she is in our prayers. My daughter Nora (6) and son Will (4) and myself will be in Boston the later part of June. If it would be appropriate at that time, maybe we could connect or if Nan is up to meeting. I have followed her posts since Ken and I first logged on Aug 10, 2004.

    god's peace and healing for Nan and all who love her.

    Blessings, Jess Martinez
    Albuquerque, NM

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Blogger Irene Wing said…

    Tim,
    Please know that Nan has been in my prayers daily. Your confidence in the Bingham and Womens Hospital gives us comfort that Nan has the best team of doctors working for her. I pray that her upcoming surgery will be successful and she will make great strides in regaining her strength. Give my love to Nan.
    May God give you all abundant blessings.

     
  • At 3:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aloha, Tim and family

    Nan has been in my prayers every night and will continue to be there. Strength to you as well; I know it's sometimes easier to be the patient than the caregivers.

    Richard in Hilo

     
  • At 5:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Both you and Nan are in my heart, thoughts & prayers Tim and have been for Nan's recovery.

    You both are two of the nicest people that I've had the pleasure to meet.

    Nan is getting the best of care & attention possible at Brigham. That I'm confident in.

    As Richard mentioned .. strength to you as well Tim.

    I know it is difficult at a time like this, but you must rest yourself & keep yourself well for Nan.

    -Ken Schou

     
  • At 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tim and Family,
    Please know that my prayers for Nan have not ceased. I'm so grateful that you are all in such good hands. May Nan's recovery be swift and complete. God's blessings.
    Jani DeHart

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tim

    Thanks for calling. We'll be close by, so call anytime. You know Nan and your family are in our prayers. I've taken the liberty of forwarding the e-mails and blog location to the following folks: Michael and Kevin, Conners, Ed Fargusson, Hoyts, Huffmans, Lanzas, Judy Mercer, Tom and Sharon Miller, Mary Alice, and Jim Witcombe.

    Steve

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Our thoughts and prayers are with Nan always. I am glad to hear she is doing better. We will continue to pray for her and keep her close in our hearts through out this rough time in her life. Tim please take care of yourself also, you need to be strong too.
    God bless you both,
    Lv,
    Loree

    9:37 PM

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tim,
    As always prayers and thoughts are with your family. Nan is such a strong woman who fights for what she wants. I have never met someone who can face up to what she has and continues to do ALL of her other things.
    I know she will come home soon but untill then it is good to have such a great team of doctors(and family support group) there for her.
    Always thinking of the East coast. All of my prayers to you and yours,
    Pam

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Tim, Dana, and Jason
    My prayers and thoughts are with all of you. Erin is such a fighter and I know she will come home soon and I'm so glad to hear she has such a great team of doctors.

    All my prayers to you all

    Love you guys
    Mary Puente

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tim you and your family are in my prayers as well as Nan, I will be praying for her all day each and every day until she is better. She is very special and I know she will get better.
    Judy Mercer

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Mustards,
    Please know that Our prayers for Nan's recovery are on going and that we will keep Our mutual friends informed of Nan's progress.

    Gog bless You all,

    Bob & Carrol Sorensen

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tim and Family:

    I have been praying for Nan throughout the day. Now is the time to wait and see. This is perhaps the hardest thing to do. We must trust God to do what He thinks is best on her account. Hugs to you all. Luella

     

Post a Comment

<< Home