Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

We can almost hear the jet engines winding up

Dear Friends,

We are at a hotel located next to the Providence Airport tonight after a very long day. It started when we left Rick and Roxanna's place around 9 this morning, then the hospital 1 hour 45 minutes later, Michelle met us and checked Nan out, took the PICC line out, removed the vacuum sponge, had Dr. Raul (sp) render his opinion and released Nan to travel home. Then we had to return the huge box of vac sponge supplies to a place they could pick up. Finally it was decided that I should leave the box at the surgery office, well when I tried to walk through the front door of the hospital with the box I was stopped and told all deliveries had to be made through the delivery area to the rear of the hospital we drove around, left Nan in the running car and I dragged the box for what seemed to be blocks of hallways before finding the surgery offices. Then we were free to go find crepes at Harvard Square. We did and ate them in the car with the AC running, hot muggy day and all. Then we headed out for Marilyn's house, made a bad choice of freeways, very slow traffic but finally arrived. While we were driving Nan began to feel ill and by the time we reached Marilyns she was not feeling well at all. After visiting for awhile we drove over to the Providence Airport area and located our hotel, Nan came in and went directly to bed and was asleep very quickly. She had been up about 12 hours and she was totally tired. She insisted I go find food which I did. When I came back she was up to a Boost on ice so she could take her meds. Now we are heading to bed.
We are feeling a mixture of elation at being away and some trepidation about being away. Fortunately the beds in the room are good and I think Nan will sleep well.
We send our love and appreciation to each of you. Please pray that God will guide tomorrow and provide the support and help we need for a safe trip.

love and best wishes,

tim and nan

6 Comments:

  • At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome home Erin. That day is finally here. See you two very soon.

    Love
    Mary Puente

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats. to you NAN. Finally get to come home. What a great day for the two of you. Hope you enjoy all of your reunions as you get settled back in. Take care of yourself.
    Pam :)
    PS I GOT IT!!!!!! Start on Wednesday :) BEAMING!

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have been following all your blogs and what incredible reading it is. You are a gifted guy Tim, in countless ways, probably some of which you never knew you had. I trust you are high in the air heading for Las Vegas and then home. What a great day for the both of you. May the Lord bless you and keep you safe. Won't your own beds feel good tonight! I pray continually for you both and cry as I read the miraculous things that have happened. God definitely has a plan for your lives together. Take care and I will be anxiously awaiting the next blog in the continuing story of Tim and Nan's Adventures.

    With love,
    Patty Waldorf

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Mustards,

    We got to this blog late today so by now You are indeed flying High in the big Jet on Your way to the comforts of home & family. We are praying for Your comfort and safety thru this day.

    I promised that We would do everything We could to cool it off here for You and guess what? it is cooler by a bunch. Very comfortable night and a plesant 65 degrees this morning, with the forecast of at least 7 more days & nights like it.They are predicting high temp's of 90/95 and lows of 58/62 thats more like it !"Yea".

    We will be looking for news when You arrive at Home at last.

    Love You,

    Bob & Carrol

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have just talked to you, Tim, and understand that Nan has had terrible back pain all day. I'm so glad that you were with her. She depends upon you in sooooo many ways. Thank you for always putting her first. That is TRUE LOVE.

    I just got a message from you, Nan. You sound so tired. I'll be so thankful when you get home and can try to get your life back on track. I'll keep you in my prayers.

    Love,

    Sharon

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have just talked to you, Tim, and understand that Nan has had terrible back pain all day. I'm so glad that you were with her. She depends upon you in sooooo many ways. Thank you for always putting her first. That is TRUE LOVE.

    I just got a message from you, Nan. You sound so tired. I'll be so thankful when you get home and can try to get your life back on track. I'll keep you in my prayers.

    Love,

    Sharon

     

Post a Comment

<< Home