Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Nan's day out

Dear Ones,

Nan is resting in her recliner right now after having some toast and a new bag of TPN. She had visits from 2 nurses today which covered the wound, blood work and general issues. They will both be coming less frequently since our insurance limits their total visits and Nan's health is improved. After the second nurse left Nan took a short nap and then it was off to see Dr. Makker in Tracy for B12 shot, pain management patch, Zophram prescriptions. He was amazed at all she has gone through over the past several months. Then Dana drove her to her bank where she got her own personal account reinstated, then to Longs for an hour of getting prescriptions filled and finally home at around 5:30 for a much needed rest. She slept soundly until about 8:50 when she woke and came down to socialize for a few minutes. Although they took her wheel chair she did not use it and walked into the doctors office and to her bank. At longs she waited in the car for the long process.

I spent a long day driving and inspecting properties, it felt good to be back on classical music from XM and behind the wheel. My entire morning was spent with high fog and cool 60 degree temps. I drove first to San Jose where I say a very cute 100 year old home, then to Oakland to see a home and then 3 orders were phoned to me so I saw them as well. Then to Antioch where I saw a large home for the relocation company and then finally home about 7:30.

Dana just went to bed. Ronnie is very faithful about calling her every evening and they have good talks to keep in touch. They are a great couple and she misses him and Jonathan a lot when she is here. She continued to pain today and it all looks good. When the nurse was here she ran out and got a couple more gallons of paint so we can complete our project.

I enjoyed talking to Nikki and Steve today and was very saddened to hear that Keanna was sick Sat. night and all day sunday. She is such a very sweet child and we love her so much.

Tomorrow is another day out for me. My writing assistant Nate will be back tomorrow and there is plenty for him to do. I leave at 8:30 and drive to a local ranchette, then to Modesto which is about 1 hour away and then to Merced which is probably another hour down the road. Then I head home to help with painting and to help with caring for Nan also.

nan is stronger every day. Sometimes I turn around and she is walking carrying her TPN backback with her or I see her pulling the handle to make her chair recline by herself. She could not do that a week ago. At the doctors office today she weighted 104 so we have lots of room to grow and get her back up to 125 or so. However 104 is better than 97 at the hospital. We hope and pray that the new pain patch will help her feel better. It seems that the oxycotin 20 mg was too much for her, sort of put her out of it and she does not enjoy that state of mind.

We are going to say our good nights or good morning now. Thank you for your prayers in Nan's behalf. God is continuing to work in her body, healing and making strength. I'm praying for more smiles and less pain.

with love

tim and nan and dana


  • At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Nan is certainly amazing, and all of you so committed with unconditional love.
    I will always be greatful to the love you both freely gave me in Yahats. I wish I could do something for you all some energy, huh?! God Bless. Sue

  • At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Roger and Carol said…

    Hi again from Boise,

    Nan, I'm so happy for you that you are regaining your strength each day and hopefully getting an answer to the pain management.

    We will be heading back to NC tomorrow. We've had a great visit with Linda and family. So, sorry Linda's knee is messed up. She is waiting for the radiology report, but initially it seems she has a torn ligament and possibly a piece of the bone where the ligament is attached is broken off. She is looking at a minimum of 3 months healing.

    Continue the good work and I look forward to next year's visit to Dollywood!

    Love and prayers ~ Carol


Post a Comment

<< Home