Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Testimonial

Good evening just one more time,
I am having a tough time leaving Nan's bedside tonight after the scare we had earlier around 6:30. She has been fast asleep until about 15 min. ago and now is awake. I have been talking to her about things and she makes faces, squeezes my hand in hers. A few minutes ago a very nice email was sent to us and I thought I would just share it with all of you. It is a typical example of the kind of ministry Nan does through her love of people and especially GISTers. Here it is:

Hello Tim,
I have never met either you or Nan, but I think of you often. My brother John is a Gist patient at DFCI and is just beginning his 2nd cycle on IPI. John is 30 years old and as afraid as one could be, as I know you understand. I wanted to let you know that Nan stopped in to visit with John and his wife during one of his first infusions. He was so nervous and to see Nan pop in to say hello and offer encouragement was extremely comforting for him. I know they met only briefly, but he was touched by her support and so was I.
I have contacted Nan a few times with questions on Liferaft and she is always helpful. I never did get to thank her for her visit to my "little" brother. It probably seems like a small gesture but it really meant so much - if you could thank her for me, I would truly appreciate it. I just wanted to let you know that you, Nan, and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers every day. I know the strain you are all under, and I wanted you to know how much we all care.
Kristen Lofstrom

Thank you Kristen for sharing that with us all, it is vintage Nan as I know her.

Good night and lets keep praying for God's miracles tonight.

with love

tim

3 Comments:

  • At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Tim & Nan,
    It seems as if the angels are working overtime, and we are confident God is intervening on her behalf. We talked with Liz Shafqat this evening and she sends her love, too. We called her to let her know that Kimberly passed all parts of her boards and is now officially a board certified radiologist. She and Randy will be moving to Scottsdale, AZ, next week where she will begin a year's fellowship with the Mayo Clinic as they provide some specialized training she wants. It was a long road for Kim, but she's finally made it! Thought you'd want to know, as you were part of her early years--such good memories of all our fun times together when the kids were small. We love you all and continue to pray daily for Nan's recovery.
    Joyce & Glen

     
  • At 4:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest Tim and Nan,

    God is great and merciful. God is with you as you undergo this journey.

    I talked to Jo and Jason before they left for the airport. They were packing school supplies to bring to the children at the mission in Lesoto, Africa. We are blessed by these two wonderful children whose lives are a testimony of Christ's love.

    You two are in our thoughts and prayers.

    Love

    Julie and Clayton

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Irene Wing said…

    Tim,
    The letter from Kristen Lofstrom demonstrates the beautiful quiet radiance that Nan exudes. Even now from her hospital bed, each development draws us closer to her. In reading a daily devotional today, these words exemplies both Nan and you:
    " A Christian's life is a window through which others can see Jesus."
    At the same, we praise God for all His interventions of yesterday's events.
    I will continue to keep all of you in prayer.
    In His Love,
    Irene Wing

     

Post a Comment

<< Home