Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sunday evening

Dear Ones,

nan is winding up the day and will soon head up to bed. She tried a oxycodine but several minutes later vomited. She has had a lot to eat today, a smoothie with banana and peach, a peach and toast with peanut butter for breakfast, a gatoraide, water, hot drink and water.

We have spent a low key day here and tonight had the excitement of Pam Whitted coming to visit. She brought Spaghetti from the Spaghetti Factory and we had a nice dinner together. It is always special when Pam comes to visit and we got caught up on what is happening with Ryan and Shannon. Pam is off to a good new year in her school. She works so hard and has had some health issues lately but is doing better now.

We are going to enjoy tomorrow and I hope to persuade nan to let me help her shampoo her hair. I thought we would do it today but she did not feel up to it. She did walk the shadows today out front, very cute, stayed in the shade as she walked around and around.

Now we head to bed. Our friends Bob and Carrol face a week of chemo and our prayers are with them that it will continue to go well for her.

I am have writing appraisals today and have enjoyed a quiet day of work, glad to have it to do. I am looking at a board with about 8 reports to write and I got two done today. I screwed up my courage today and wrote a long email to the VW dealer that worked on my car in hopes they might refund some of the money for work that was not successful. Somehow I doubt it but worth a try I guess.

If you have prayer concerns to share please write to the blog and others can pick up the slack and join you in prayer. We will get the comments on nan's laptop and will pray as well.

We thank God for great weather, for a chance to be together, for medical advances that are helping Nan and for the healing she has already experienced. How I wish she could get past the terrible back pain which has her moaning during the night even while she sleeps.

Thanks for your love, your concerns and for your friendship to us.

love

tim and nan

1 Comments:

  • At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Ya'll,

    It's labor day! A day to take off. Now that doesn't make sense, does it? That's ok ~ we'll take it! I hope it is a good day for the two of you and you can relax at least a little.

    Dad called a few minutes ago to let me know they got home from PA safely. They went to Barbara's grand daughter's wedding. Barbara's daughter was supposed to drive up with them, but couldn't go last minute. It's probably good that I didn't know they drove by themselves! Dad called me from VA about 8:30 last night to let me know they would be home about 1:00 a.m. Then is when I discovered they were by themselves. I told them to find a motel and stay overnight. I couldn't believe it, but he said he liked the idea. At nearly 92 and 80 years old ~ that's quite adventurous! I'm not sure which is harder ~ raising teen agers or aging parents.

    Well Tim, I hope you can get those appraisals done today and you don't have to go traveling from hither and yon. Don't over feed Nan and enjoy some time together.

    We love you two!
    Love and prayers ~ Carol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home