Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Tuesday evening, calm, somewhat better

Dear Friends, GISTers and family,
It is about 8:30 and nan is sitting in her recliner. She has a pillow behind her, one under her feet a sheet over her to keep away the chills and is watching something. She has a level of pain all the time but only sometimes does it protrude so badly that it has to be dealt with. The higher level of basic pain meds seem to be helping somewhat. She once again had a fever this afternoon of 100.4, is on a couple different kinds of meds and is totally lucid and involved. She has almost no appetite now even though the trays keep coming to the room. When i am around I help out with a few bits here and there. Dana was kind enough to help nan have a bath this afternoon and a shampoo with the clever hat thing.
I rose early this morning and washed the motorhome, it was no longer white. Then I did some mopping in the house where the doggies forgot and used the floor instead of going outside. I tidied up a bit and then did conditions at my desk. Finally I headed this way, once again i got caught behind a red light that did not change and then needed fuel and no card would work at first, turned out it was a station computer problem not my cards, yikes that was sort of scary.
Dr. George Miller, long time friend from the Tracy church had been at a conference meeting and came by to visit. He was kind enough to wait until I got here and then I walked out to his cute little SUV and got a great big bear hug, good stuff! nan was so pleased to see George. In the whole world there is no one like George and Yvonne!
After I was here with nan for awhile I drove to Rohnert park to do a 442, final inspection of a property and then back, traffic was minimal. The agent at the sales office has had some very tough times with lots of hospital time and he is really interesting to talk to.

Now we are preparing for a possible Nan exit from the hospital tomorrow. Of course we are never sure but the discharge planner and Dr. K think that is the plan. We plan to pick Nan up in the motorhome here at the hospital and drive to MBA to see a precious little man. Our experience teaches us that if they say noon then plan for about 5 pm so we will see how this works. My problem is I can't begin to park the motorhome anywhere near the hospital and it will be hard to coordinate times, anyway it will work out, things always seem to.

I have butterflys in my tummy when I think about taking nan from this protective place into my world yet it seems to be time to do so. May God help us as we venture out once again.

We have heard nothing from the hospital review board, not a yes, not a no but hope to hear tomorrow.

Please pray for Nan's high pain level, for her general health and for the AMN which we hope will give us some help. What a blessing that would be to get some relief from these looming tumors.

So we say good night and perhaps we will be blogging from MBA tomorrow night.


tim and nan


  • At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…


    I am so glad that your somewhats are better. It is important to have your somewhats as good as possible. Especially if you sometimes have traffic signal issues. If it wasn't illegal you could have called 911 and told them about the vindictive light. Oh, Well what would life be without all these interesting encounters. Can you say boring? Probably not, yours is a lot of things but boring is not one of them.

    Say hi to Timothy for me. I will be taking a test to see if can be a good teacher. The good news is that it should be my last one!

    Prayers for you, Nan, Timothy, Jo and all the rest of your family and friends,


  • At 11:50 PM, Blogger Irene Wing said…

    Dear Tim,
    If Nan still has a fever,pain and no appetite, are you sure Nan should leave the hospital? I'm concerned that if Nan leaves too soon and you're visiting in Santa Cruz, you may need to head back before you're ready to leave. Life is so full of risks but you don't need to "push the envelope." Please proceed cautiously. We all want Nan to enjoy seeing her newest precious love but not at any great risks.
    I had been checking the blog several times during the day to hear about the hospital review board. Let us know when that happens.
    Sending more prayers upward for Nan's healing.

  • At 4:42 AM, Anonymous roger and carol said…

    Good Morning!

    It's quiet here! No house guests, no family :-( and no phone calls as yet this a.m. We sure enjoyed the kids being here. The time went all too quickly. We turn around twice and the kids are all grown up. Now today is catch up time in the office.

    We pray for a good day today as you plan to make that trip to see your precious little Timothy. I'm sure if Nan has any strength at all she will make that trip! That's our Nan! I enjoyed seeing the pictures of the little guy. Now the next ones should be of Nan with Timothy in her arms. How special!

    We hope today brings good news for you both. Let's see what God has in store for you today.

    Continued love and prayers ~ Carol

  • At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Bob & Carrol. said…

    Hi Mustards,

    The best of things for You today , New Med & Going to see "Timothy" what a thrill that will be for both of You.

    We are busy with lab appointments today , results will be read on August 6th at Carrol's regular Chemo Center appointment. We are hopeing for good readings that will keep the Chemo on hold for another 2 months.

    Again We are giving thanks for the great Summer Weather that We are having, not yet a 100 degree day in July and that is a wonderful break on the"Power Bill" front.

    We continue in Prayer for Nan to get stronger,have less pain and for the AMN to arrive soon.

    Much Love,

    Bob & Carrol.


Post a Comment

<< Home