Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Marilyn leaves at 6 am. She will be missed!

Dear Family and Friends,
We rise at 4 in the morning for a 6 am departure from Oakland for Marilyn. Yes, she is going home. Marilyn is not used to much attention but has received an outpouring of affection and appreciation from all who meet her for her wonderful and caring work with Nan. She gave Nan the one on one love and care she needed during these last few months. She has been a positive influence for all of the family and has helped out so much, more than anyone not living here could have known. I am so happy that she gets to spend Christmas with her children in Rhode Island yet I already feel a void knowing she is leaving. She has been the go to person for so many things over the past few months. She can file, organize, repair, advise, counsel and fortify. This evening when a rep for a company which does collections for American Express spent 25 minutes telling me how terrible I was not to have the past due amount paid up in spite of my sputtered explanations, well I thought Marilyn was going to climb down the phone line and strangle the nice man. She has cared for this family like it was her own and has earned a place in our hearts that can never be forgotten. When God knew we were heading into tough times he tapped Marilyn and she responded. Thank you Marilyn, thank you from the bottom of a hundred hearts for your wonderful care and devoted love.

I spent last evening with Art and Connie, parked in their driveway. We had a great evening warmed by the designer fireplace and comfortable in new recliners. Then this morning Connie taught me how to make oatmeal with cloves of Cinnamon. Yummy. Thanks for such a great time you two.

I am still trying to make total sense out of my desk with orders to see, things to fix, people to call about financial matters to settle, I'm not short on work, just short on time to do it all.

Foremost on our minds is the Ahn family. We have seen an email from Sylvia which lets us know a memorial service will be held this Sunday at 3 at the Tracy SDA Church. I know it will be a joyful service yet tinged with sadness and a sense of great loss. I'm receiving calls from our Texas family wishing they could come back and attend the service, they feel so strongly about Steve and Sylvia. Steve touched and helped many lives in his lifetime with his faith, his brilliance and his talents. My life and the lives of all of our family members have been touched by his clever emails, the yearly CDs, the photos, the humor, the genuine interest he had in people and the fascination he had for life itself. I'm so blessed that my life was touched by the influence of Steve. Its a better life for it.

Please join me in praying for the Ahn family as this is a very difficult week with many things to take care of, people to talk to, mail to read and private moments of loss and adjusting to the new and difficult realities of being alone, of loss, of shock.

love

tim and marilyn

6 Comments:

  • At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Where has all the Merry land gone? To RI of course.

    I had the pleasure to be around Marilyn a couple of times and in addition to the Merry part. Maybe an even more important part was the the warmth of genuine caring that filled every room she walked into. No one in my memory was better at it than she. Thank you Marilyn for all you do for others!

    I pray that have a safe trip home where you might enjoy the Love of the Christmas season with your other family.

    Wes

    ps Tim, put her address on the BLOG. It would be heck-a-fun to pack her mail box with Christmas wishes!

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Tim,
    Just a note to let you know we just read your blog and we're thinking of you. We love you. I have 17 teaching days left in my career! I will be doing the "dance of joy" when January 25 arrives.

    Joyce & Glen

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Tim, Marilyn will be missed. I am soooo glad that Nan "found" her again after so many years of not knowing her address. So here is her address for those of you who would like to send her a Christmas Card:
    Marilyn Titherington
    25 Fatima Drive
    Warren, RI 02885
    Thanks for the good idea, Wes!
    Gerry has a beautiful picture of Sylvia and Steve Ahn taken at the Miller's 50th anniversary party. Gerry thinks it might be the last picture taken of them together. Today we are going to have 3 copies made and we will send them to Sylvia and her 2 sons.
    Are you having any appraisals up this way soon? We can meet you at the Spagheti Factory.
    Keep your chin up and keep busy. Love, Barbie

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Tim,

    Your house will feel very empty tonight with Marilyn gone. Yes, she was a real blessing to you and Nan. What more could you possibly ask? She had the time, patience, know how, organization and personality skills that you needed. Her work is now finished and she needs to go back to her family and go on with her life.

    In the last 18 months God answered more prayers for you than you will probably ever know. He gave you answers to needs you didn't even know you had. He will now give you the strength you need for each day and continue to provide your needs.

    You have so many really good friends around you. Again ~ another blessing! Hang in there.

    We love you ~ Carol

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Julie Szto Jessen said…

    Dear Tim,

    This is Julie and I am here in Melbourne with my family. I am sorry not to be there with you and the family when Nan passed away. My deepest condolence to you and family.

    I am glad to see Nan that Sunday and hold her hands. It is very precious way she reached out for baby Timothy. I know she will be dearly miss by her family and friends.

    Take care of yourself and keep your spirit up. Baby Timothy will keep you busy. I saw the Christmas pics and he is such a darling.

    I miss everyone and I hope to see you when I get back to United States. I still have many places to visit. I will be in Sydney till Jan 30th. Then I head back to Singapore and will be visiting family in Malaysia as well.

    Have a joyful day.

    Love

    Julie Jessen

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Julie Szto Jessen said…

    Dear Tim,

    This is Julie and I am here in Melbourne with my family. I am sorry not to be there with you and the family when Nan passed away. My deepest condolence to you and family.

    I am glad to see Nan that Sunday and hold her hands. It is very precious way she reached out for baby Timothy. I know she will be dearly miss by her family and friends.

    Take care of yourself and keep your spirit up. Baby Timothy will keep you busy. I saw the Christmas pics and he is such a darling.

    I miss everyone and I hope to see you when I get back to United States. I still have many places to visit. I will be in Sydney till Jan 30th. Then I head back to Singapore and will be visiting family in Malaysia as well.

    Have a joyful day.

    Love

    Julie Jessen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home