Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Friday morning day 15

Hello from sunny Boston,

After a short night I woke and called Nans nurse at 5:30. I was told she had a good night and with some beta blockers her heart rate was more controlled and she had fewer irregular beats. All numbers are improving or good. Creatins 2.1 which is up only slightly from last evening. No infection, lungs clear, good cough reflex, liver nearly normal. No more bleeding through colostomy. The nurse said that when Nan heard I was on the phone she said, tell him to come now. So I showered, dressed and was in her room by 6 am. She was awake, at peace and was munching ice chips. For Nan to get ice chips is a big deal but yesterday we were told ice chips were a ways off yet, well the night nurse decided differently and so far Nan is doing well with her few ice chips per hour. At this moment they are having her sit up and even stand for a minute and when I go back in she will be in a chair for awhile. This helps her lungs and even though it is hard work makes her stronger in the long run. Then they will let her rest for awhile and then the dialysis machine will come for 4 hours today. Then she will need to rest up again.

Highlights of the day are: new email from Jason and Jo who are on a mission trip to South Africa. Jason says mixing cement by hand is hard work and Jo is painting her heart on in the hospital. They said the stories of the people are tragic and the people are so nice. They are doing well and wished mom improving health every day. The other high light are new pictures of Keanna. Mom just beamed as I showed her each picture on the laptop. thank you Nikki for the photos, mom loves them. I think I may go get a color cartridge for the printer so we can print a couple of them out for her room.

Nan continues to improve every day in spite of my sometimes panic filled posts. It will be interesting to see how her stomach tolerates the ice chips and if it does well they promise more liquids to come.

As you might expect since I went to bed at around 11:30 and was back here in the room at 6 I am a bit sleepy so some orange juice may be in the near future. Thats as close as I get to a stimulant right now.

Nan and I both appreciate your prayers and love.
with love

tim and nan

3 Comments:

  • At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Tim and Nan,
    What a wonderful wake-up to read your latest post! I remember how wonderful those ice chips were! God has been go good to Nan and all who love her. He heard our ceaseless prayers, and we've been rewarded! I know that she has a very long way to go before she has a full recovery, but I know that the Lord will be right beside her every baby step of the way. I'm happy that Nan is resting, but Tim...Man cannot go on so few hours of sleep for very long. Perhaps you will nap while Nan does today??? Love and God's blessings to you both!
    Jani DeHart

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My sons face brightened up when he got to see keanna. He was yelling conversation through the window and she was singing and talking away. Soon Nan can come home and she will see her babies, and hold and hug and crawl on the floor with Keanna.
    We look forward to when you both return.
    Pam :)

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Mustards,

    So Glad to read the good reports this morning.
    More good things are coming very soon for Nan, God is working His healing powers on Her every hour.
    We had a bit of a scare here last night . I'll write you Tim on Your E. address with details.
    We also need Your prayers in a special way now too.

    Much Love,

    Bob & Carrol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home