Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday morning - we hear we are on the move...

Dear Friends and Family,

I got here about 7:20 this morning, early for me. Phone calls are being made and UC is anxious to get Nan to room 419 at Mt Zion Hospital. But of course the patient coordinator is off today and someone else is covering for her and is NOT HERE YET. Errrr. The charge nurses have been so helpful, way out of their way to assist and we are pushing hard to get them to call the transport vehicle. The sooner to UC, the sooner active care can begin. And so we once again wait.

I have put off making appointments all week because of the lack of knowing when Nan would be transferred. Of course I want to be at the hospital when any procedure is done on her and we have not known what was happening. Nan and I have a request to you, we plan to have me seeing properties on sunday and are asking, can someone come and sit with Nan for part of the day. Nikki is buried this sunday and cannot come, she like us has to get taxes filed and she took last weekend to come be here in the room and put off the final tax prep so we fully understand that she will be having a blast with the tax program on sunday. If someone could come to Mt Zion and be with Nan for a bit then I would feel better about venturing out to see properties. Of course if they decide to do procedures on sunday I will be there and move the appointments. In my briefcase at the moment I have appraisals to do in Novato, Tracy, Newman, Oakland and a few other places.

The patient coordinator just arrived so perhaps soon......

Please keep us in your prayers today,


tim and nan


  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Gerry & Barb said…

    Greetings to our dear friends, over one week and you are still at Concord??? Today sounds like the big move and I pray for that to happen. (And hurry things along, Heavenly Father!!) I'm sorry I cannot be with Nan on Sunday, even though I would love to be there with her. Our prayers are still ascending many times during the day at night (when I wake for potty breaks). Keep your courage, Tim, and remember that God knows what is best. Love you both!!! Barbie

  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Irene Wing said…

    Dear Nan and Tim,
    The ball is rolling and will gain momentum very soon. I'm sure God is working out His best scenario for Nan. We will all be so relieved when she gets to UC Mt. Zion Hospital.
    Tim, I can be available Sunday after church. If someone else wants to be with Nan in the morning, I can come the remainder of the day. Otherwise, I know it won't be a problem being with her the entire day. If she's willing, Nan can teach me how to play Gin Rummy!
    Take a few deep breaths and we will keep praying.

  • At 11:51 AM, Anonymous roger and carol said…

    Finally ~ on the move again. My prayer is that this will bring answers. Hang in there Tim. Remember God is in control ~ not you. Let Him handle it.

    Love and prayers ~ Carol

  • At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I knew that today was going to be your moving day! The Lord is right on time, His time! How exciting to see Him at work. (thank you, Lord, for going through this with Nan & Tim) Reach up and hold on tight. Praying for a peaceful Sabbath with lots to be thankful for. Will call you later tonight. Love, Sharon


Post a Comment

<< Home