Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tuesday evening - slow day - pain - still leaking!

Dear Friends and Family,

Yesterday was a high day and today was pretty low. Nan has suffered with lots of pain and 12 hours of nausea. At the moment things have settled down and Nan is resting, perhaps even sleeping after a 1/4 of a garden burger, vegetable soup, ice tea with lemon. She has been the subject of learning for a nursing student so she has put up with constant learning today, even to her Lovenox shot, the learning team was in her room until about 11:30 last night, its OK but tiring when you don't feel all that well.

Nan's wound continues to leak fluid, some think it is slightly less, I doubt it frankly. The urologists are hoping that the right uriter will close up and plug itself like the left one had already done. I am wondering why it would. It just got the stent out of the inside and now has room to flow freely and no tumor pressure to mash it closed, why would it close at all? The official decision is to wait and see if the flow lessens. I keep asking how long the wait and Nan has told me to stop asking them that question so I'll bow out. I just long to see a dry wound and know that her body is no longer getting packed with stray fluid going where it is not needed.

Nan slept pretty well last night but woke with nausea which has been with her off and on all day. Late morning she feel asleep and managed a couple hours before lunch. She has just not been that happy today but has gotten better this evening. Her left nephrostomy has caused a lot of pain last night and today, this is typical after they are replaced. She did eat lunch today and some dinner tonight too.

Nan has had many wonderful phone calls today which helped the day pass for her. I left about 2.30 for Berkeley and then Oakland to see properties. Of course when I got to Oakland I found a duplex instead of the single family property I was supposed to see so all the research was worthless and I'll have to go back again with duplex data. Happens but sure does not make one happy. On the way back I found a CostCo right next to the freeway offramp and found a orchid for Nan, beautiful flower, hot drink mocha for me and a slice of pizza for dinner. Then back to Post street to park after the parking meters were off for the day. Now I am blogging and Nan just woke up so she is ready to walk and when Nan decides to walk we had better do it.

I might write more later but right now we walk.

Please keep us in your prayers, we know where the leak is but so far it still leaks.

with love

tim and nan

3 Comments:

  • At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Patience Tim! Nan is not a "text book" case. She is an individual of one of a kind. They are still trying to figure out the mysteries of Nan's body. You really don't want them to go in and do something that will make her condition and pain worse. Give them time to figure it out. At this point it is probably mostly trial and error. They really don't know what to do for sure.

    It was good that you got out to do a couple of appraisals and take a break away from the hospital. She is in good hands. Rest in the fact that she is in God's hands. Let Him work in His mysteriously wonderful way.

    You are still in the prayers of so many friends who love you. And in the prayers of people who don't even know you. Trust!

    We love you both and keep you in prayer.

    Carol

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Nan and Tim,

    It's 11:45PM North Carolina Time...I'm praying.

    Love and prayers,

    Phyllis Lytle

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Erin
    It was good talking to you today. Thanks for calling me back I allways feel better talking to you. Take care of yourself and I'm praying that the leak goes away. Tomorrow I have little Owen and he is going to spend the night, it should be fun. I hope that you come home on Friday so that we can get together if not I will try to get overthere. Tell Tim I said hi and for him to get some rest. I will talk to you tomorrow take care
    Mary

     

Post a Comment

<< Home