Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Keanna is the angel

Dear Friends and Family,

This evening we enjoyed seeing Keanna and her class present the Christmas story. Keanna was so beautiful in her angel outfit complete with wings, halo and white dress. We all enjoyed seeing her go through the motions and sing the songs. How can one be objective when its your grand child that you have longed for for all of these years and here she is the sweet angel, so happy, so excited, so tired and sleepy. None of us could stop smiling while we watched her up on stage. I'll include a photo as soon as I get one in hand.

Nan has had a fairly rough day, lots of nausea from early morning till now. Both nurses came today, first Terri to take vitals, blood work then late this afternoon the wound care nurse came and Nan taught her how to replace the wound dressing / drain since the nurse that came had never done one before. Just now I read my emails and Dr. Meng has replied and copied to Scott to schedule the ureter oclusion, before it was just an idea, now it is going to actually happen and suddenly it become reality. I just hope it can help Nan a great deal with no leaking and the weight and discomfort of the dressing gone.

We've stayed warm and the new wood that Nan found and purchased burns long and very hot. We like to keep warm and enjoy what time we can find to be together. I've seem properties all over today and got home just in time tonight to load Nan in the van and head back to town for the Keanna concert. Jason made a surprise visit this afternoon on his way back from visiting elementary schools for MBA. Mom was so happy to see him and get to spend time with him. He was not even aware of his article for MBA that was published recently in the Recorder. We loved it, thought it was well written and put a friendly face on what MBA stands for.

We are already looking forward to the next visit from Barb and Gerry and on Christmas day Dana is coming to visit, that will be great. Pam gave Nan some lemons off her tree and so Nan has been having one lemon per day to get vit. C. Nan loves lemons, peels them open and puts salt inside and then eats them sharing the left overs with Starr.

Please pray for Nan's healing, recovery and strength. We know God is in control but question His timing often. I think He can handle our human questions.

sending love

tim and nan

1 Comments:

  • At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those special Christmas programs will be remembered for a long time. I'm so glad you were able to go. I'm sorry you were not feeling so fine, but true to your track record ~ you did what you wanted to do. Good for you!

    I feel like I'm spinning my wheels around here. The days are whirling by and I'm not getting packed. Today I told Roger I was going to be home all day and I had a long list of things I HAD to get done. Well, it didn't happen. Plus I finished the day with a frustrating church board meeting. Our current pastor is retiring 2/1/07 and we have our first "pastor search" meeting 12/19/06. We have a strong church with a lot of talent which is a good thing.

    Take care of yourselves!

    Love and Prayers ~ Carol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home