Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Interesting day and Nan is improving

Dear Family and Friends,

Sharon is home and recovering well from her surgery, Dana is doing too much on her kneee but that is Dana.

Its 11:45 right now and Nan is slipping in and out of sleep. But earlier she was in full chief motion, what a nice balanced meal and we both enjoyed it a lot. Of course I came home from the store with French sliced green beans when I was supposed to be brining home Italian ones. It was so late we decided that I would not go back to Safeways at that point. I did make a grocery run when I got home around 6. I spent the afternoon with my brother Jerry who happened to be in town between train runs. I set out to dump some of the 3,000 emails he has received, in the process I managed to get his computer so it would not find the internet at all. Finally in desperation I call Jim with INet, the great guy that keeps our stuff running. In a few minutes he talked me through and so Jerry can check the website for his work with union pacific and knows if he has time to take a walk or not. He often arrived in Sac in th eearly hours of the morning and has only about 8 hours to sleep and eat before gettin called again. His run is from Sac. to Dunsmure or Mt Shasta City where he keeps a care and drives home. He has been working on trains for the past 35 years. It is great to see and talk to him. I was not able to help him get emails, another time I guess or he might call a tech to make the property adjustments in the software.
My life has been pretty hectic lately, I called the IRS this morning and after a couple voice trees I got hung up on. I'll try again tomorrow. Just love talking to these people!
Nan is doing well, walks pretty steady now, is eating some foods and I think retaining much of the good from the food. The pains she always experiences are pretty well controlled by the une of oxycotin morning and evening, using a very small dosage of oxycodin for break out pain. The wound care nurse came this morning and Nan was so unhappy about not having her regular nurse but this lady was very nice.
I'm been busy here at the office trying to catch up on things that don't pay directly but if one let them go there would be no pay eventually. Yesterday I call forwarded to my cell and amazingly this new one works great in th eplaces the other one dropped call.
Nan got a very nice card from my sister Sibyl who lives in Ohio. She always sends such cute cards and they are lift.
Tomorrow morning after work and Nan's doctor appointment in Antioch we are going to come home and pack the motorhome and head to Jason and Jo's home. We really look forward to seeing Jo as she begins to build a baby in ernest.
Our furnace worked this morning, fired right up and warmed the house nicely. What we don't know if it will light up the next time or not. Like many of us it is getting old and may need to be replaced someday soon. Not right now as finaces are incredibly tight. Howver we are able to cover payroll tomorrow, that is a blessing for sure.
Good night from our home to your home, from our hearts to your hearts.

We are sending our love and thankful to God for His many many acts in Nan's behalf.

tim and nan

2 Comments:

  • At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tim,

    I am afraid that you have some mental disorder. I base this assumption on the fact that a person as picky about food as you can no longer tell the difference between French and Italian green beans! Everyone knows that French green beans come from France and Italian green beans come from Italy. What is the matter? Are you sure you are taking the right doses of all your medication?

    Great news about Sharon, Dana and Nan. I don't think that there has been a better daily blog since you started 360 days ago! Way to hang in there. You deserve to be able to write about the positive as well as the difficult.

    We are praying and God is listening! All is right with the world.

    Wes

     
  • At 2:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Morning ~
    And another encouraging blog from CA! Our God is an awesome God! This week has been Nan's best week yet since Boston. Such good news all around ~ Nan is feeling good and back in the kitchen, the furnace is working, you got checks in to cover pay roll, Nan's pain is under control and she is getting more stable on her feet, you got to visit with your brother and you have plans to head to Jason and Jo's this week end. The only down part is that Nan doesn't have her regular nurse who she likes. I guess we can't have everything the way we like it.

    We are heading to FL tomorrow p.m. and will be away from a computer until after Thursday. Don't do anything rash and keep the good reports coming.

    Love and prayers ~ Carol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home