Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Whoops

Dear Ones,
Somehow I just missed blogging last night, not sure why I did not remember. Nan had a restful day with brief times of being awake and alert. She enjoyed watching baby Timothy squeal and wave his arms and sit in his little exercise chair. Thanks Jo for sending the clips. Overall Nan is pretty low these days, mostly speaks in a whisper or near to it since her mouth is dry and things stick together. She continues to drink lots of water, take her pills on time, the pain meds are working well overall, her heels are dry and cause pain, the company sent lotion for the feet to help and we are using that. marilyn changed the fistula bandage twice yesterday and the second time Nan was suggesting ideas to try for the bandage. Right now Terry is here for vitals, blood draw and assessment. nan is still in bed this morning. The room is 64 degrees as we had doors open last night. We both sleep better when it is cold but when Nan's covers slipped to the floor last night she called for my help, a little too cold!
I intend to become disciplined today and stay in this chair more and hop up less, need to get my work caught up, scattered bits and pieces pulled together and out. Jean, my writer has things ready to go out that only need my final comments and review including a big relocation report. It is so sad to see what it takes to sell a house these days, homes that were about $750,000 in Brentwood are now going out in the $500,000s. Many people are upside down in their loans and when the company they work for offers them a promotion across the country they have to deal with the real estate realities.
The pressures that come to bear on me right now are pretty incredible. People are desperate for a high appraisal, loan officers are pushing for an appraisal overnight and lenders are ripping the appraisal apart in pieces. And of course none of the crowd really want to pay for the appraisal and think that waiting for 2 months before payments is about right. Great profession. One good thing though. A project I work in located in Rohnert park had an auction to sell standing inventory. I am seeing about 9 properties tomorrow when I drive up. That will help the bottom line someday. I am very thankful for this work.
Terry is busy drawing blood and talking encouraging words to Nan. She is a wonder and we love her.
Well if I'm to get cleaned up work wise I'd better start. Please excuse my neglect last night. I don't know what happened. Please pray for us, Nan needs energy and peace, I need backbone to stop eating, start exercising and find some discipline again. Perhaps I'm a bit depressed.

I hope your day goes well and thanks for writing to the blog, I find great encouragement and I know Nan reads every word of your comments as I print them out for her to check out.

love

tim and nan and marilyn and terry

4 Comments:

  • At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah ha! you are there. Something like this was bound to happen sooner or later. That's ok. We just worry when we don't hear.

    Sorry you both are feeling poorly. With the weather so changeable this time of year it's a good time for colds and flu. Take care of yourselves.

    We just did another interview. The couple is wonderful, but they have some financial responsibilities to take care of before they can make a change. Maybe at a future date. Our work load has slowed down considerably for now, so other than having someone cover for us so we can get away ~ we really don't need anyone right now. Thanksgiving week end is busy, but the rest of the month is rather open.

    Now that I know there were no major problems going on I can get on with my day. Thanks for the update.

    Love and Prayers ~ Carol

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, there you are!

    Have a wonderful day.

    sue m

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Tim & Nan,

    Good to read that You are there, We were concerned.

    I wish We lived on the same block or at least in the same Town so You & I could excersise together (Walk). I'm doing what the Dr told Me to do and so far so good I'm fast walking 20 minutes each day and doing My best to push the Sweets away.

    Love & Prayers always,

    Bob & Carrol.

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger divatobe said…

    Yes, glad to see that you're writing again. I always read your blog in the morning--with the time difference that is when the previous night's posting appears.

    Continued prayers for courage.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home