Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Friday, November 09, 2007

Finally its Friday night

Dear Family and Friends,
Nan has fallen asleep after a long day of discomfort and unease. We discovered that it was past time to change her pain patches and changed them this evening. Within minutes Nan felt better, perhaps she was going through a bit of withdrawal. We made the two wheel chair trips to and from the recliner again today without mishap or bleeding. We were up several times last night and she needed Adavan every three hours all night for comfort. Nan continues to think that the main tumor that is visible might be responding to the Nexavar. She has been incredibly faithful about taking the drug at 8 am and 8 pm without fail. I so admire her spunk and her courage in spite of feeling pretty rough.
Pam has let us know that she is going to come visit sometime tomorrow, probably later in the day and Bob and Carrol have mentioned they might get a chance to visit as well. It is always so nice to see friendly faces and I know Nan rises to the opportunity to talk with someone beyond Marilyn and myself as charming and wonderful we are.
This evening Keanna and Nikki came about 6 and Keanna is fast asleep now in her room having watched a vegetales movie about selfishness. Then we read a cute little book and had prayers. She is a precious little person and has such a tender heart for her Grammy. Its too bad she has never gotten a chance to play with Grammy when she was on her feet, going places and engaged with life. Yet we are grateful for this opportunity for Keanna to know her Grammy and to feel that special Grammy love for her. We are looking forward to seeing Jason and Jo with Timothy again when they get a chance to get away. MBA keeps them pretty busy this year and of course Timothy has not been sleeping too well at night lately either. Julie is coming soon from Denver to help out and I think they will both enjoy some help. Julie prepared a very special book with photos of Timothy for us and shipped it to us here. It is so precious and so nicely done. What a nice treat. Reminds me of the two care boxes she shipped to us in Boston that had just about everything you could dream of to eat and survive on. What a sweet person!

I am feeling pretty extinguished this evening, 1 check in the mail all week, numerous calls from creditors seeking payments I cannot make, long days and short nights and I've managed to let my weight climb to a point where I am not feeling well. This afternoon my right eye does not feel right, I've placed drops in it but something is just not quite right. About this time, 9 pm, I suddenly start to feel very tired and worn out and the rest of the evening is an experience of dragging myself to do the needed chores before we can turn in for the night. Marilyn helps so much and it would be hard to manage without her at this point. I desperately need to exercise, eat fruit, drink water, do the right things again.

I am so thankful that we are able to be home this evening, that we are free of fevers, infections, bleeding and extreme pain yet I long for Nan to actually feel better, to be able to engage in a bit of life again. I don't know what to pray for really. Can this possibly be God's will, that nan should suffer at this level for month after month? What does God have in mind?

We received a very complete email from our friend Irene who is now home recovering and doing very well. She is a very faithful courageous lady and we are thankful that Ron has his sweet lady back home with him.

Thank you for hanging in there with us as we live this life from day to day. You seem to be tireless in your faithfulness. I hear from so many people who say they have a time every day when they read the blog, many every day, keeping up with Nan's trials and triumphant. Then there is crazy Wes, what would this whole process be without his wit and insights. I often get my first smile of the day when I read his postings and smiles don't come easily right now.

I am very grateful to Nan's extended family, they have been real prayer warriors for her recovery. What a great family. Hard to remember that Dana was still with us last Friday night, how we miss her wit and energy, her love and her great food. I know she went home to some real challenges and I think she probably misses the quiet of our home as much as we miss her energy here with us. We look forward to her return when it is possible for her. Nan is also very hopeful of seeing Sharon again for a weekend when things settle down in her life to the point that she can get away again.

Thank you Lord for keeping us safe and sound this week, for traveling protection, for work guidance, for strength to keep going when it seems almost impossible to consider.

love

tim and nan and marilyn and keanna

6 Comments:

  • At 4:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so ready to come for a few days, but can't just yet. Things are still going strong. It is time to ready for the annual license renewal for the business and I like things to be so-so. The house is going up nicely. They have installed Nan's bathroom and closet. Won't it be great when you guys can feel good enough to travel to Texas!!!!! Your room will be waiting!
    Take advantage of the Sabbath as it was made especially for you. God is so good to us and the times we think He must not be there is the very time He has picked us up in His arms and is carrying us. May His will be done in all our lives.

    Remember that I love you all.

    Sharon

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Mustard Household,

    We are glad to read that the Nexavar may be having some positive effects on the Tumors, We Pray for more benefits to come.

    Today is My Mothers 93rd Birthday(which I had forgotten about) so We will be having Lunch with Her at My Sisters place with some of the family that is here and avaliable. That event will rule out a visit with You for today, perhaps Sunday? We will see how the weekend runs out.

    Weatherman is saying "Rain" and We do need some of that stuff soon.

    Yesterday I got a Jury Duty Summons again. I am registard as a "Full Time Care Giver" in their System but it seems that nobody has plugged Me in to the right place so at least twice a Year I have to fill out the form and return it again. Maybe some day they will leave Me alone!

    I was told last week by My Dr that I was "Out Of Shape" so I'm back to a regular walking exersise routine, 20 minutes a day at least 4 days a week, I'm doing every day as the weather will allow. I also was told that I need to drop at least 10 pounds so sweets must return to a "Look Don't Touch". Oh well I do need to stay fit to be able to care for Carrol which is My main focus always.

    We both turn 70 this coming Year so there goes the Medicare Blue Cross suppliment rate"UP" Part"D"Rx is going up too on the 1st of Jan so guess what!Our Social Security Check increases will be eaten up and then some, not going in the right direction for sure.

    Have a Good Sabbath , Listen to some Good Music and let the Lord fill You with Hope & Peace as He has promiced to do.

    Love & Prayers,

    Bob & Carrol.

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SPELLCHECKLESS BLOG CREATES ERRORS

    I know that many people don't use the blog because because it doesn't have spell check. This does not put me off because I can spell words a lot of different ways because I read a lot of stories written by very creative spelling 6th graders. In fact I have read so many that I can hardly spell anymore.

    This spelling problem on the blog sometimes even causes Tim to miscommunicate with his readers. Just today for example I suffered a mild shock when I read that Tim was extinguished! I didn't even know he was ill. Then I realized that the real word should have been DISTINGUISHED and then I was OK.

    Remember that sometimes the words are spelled wrong is a fact of life but with a little imagination you can figure out what the meaning is or at least what you want it to be!

    From the Prayers for Better News!


    wes

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello again,

    Everyday my thoughts and prayers are with you both as you cope.

    Sue m

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Mustards & Wes too.

    Thank You Wes for addressing the "Blog Spelling" problem and what to do about it. I never could spell well but I'm nearly 70 now and not much in the mood for spelling class. Just read between the lines & letter combinations, that is good enough for Me.

    Had a good B.Day Lunch with My Mother,at 93 She is the oldest surviving member of Her family.

    Have a good evening and listen to the Rain coming gently down on the dry earth.

    Love You,

    Bob & Carrol.

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's getting late and nearly time for another blog. I'll add my 2 cents worth before heading to bed.

    Roger had 2 concerts today and they both went quite well. After the usual pot luck we drove down the road to some greenhouses that grow poinsettias. Today only they are open to the public and will be shipping them out next week. What a show!!! 600,000 of them! Gorgeous! Just a sea of all shades of red, pink and white plus multi colors of red/yellow, red/white and pink/white. We didn't even go through all the greenhouses.

    Now if ya'll would use a Mac computer you would have spell check! Mine may have typos but not misspellings. Just get a Mac and your spelling problem will be solved.... Or you can cut and paste it on your "Word" program, correct the spelling and past it back on your comment box. Sorry, Wes, no more excuses. My spell check tells me that "Wes" is misspelled, however. Can't believe everything it tells me.

    I hope you had a restful day and all is well at the Mustard home this evening.

    Love and prayers ~ Carol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home