Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Adjustments per Boston

Dear Family and Friends,
Its 10:20 and Nan is not feeling too well right now, she woke with various pains all over her body including her feet and her left side. We have just watched House and she was awake for part of the program. Marilyn is watching and reading at the same time.
Today Nan has stayed in bed as we are hoping her body can heal a bit before moving her to the recliner for the day. Yet being in bed all day causes its own set of pains and discomfort. This morning we emailed Dr. Morgan at Dana Farber and he responded almost immediatelly. We had several concerns with the most important being the bleeding. We asked if we could stop the Lovenox blood thinner shot we give every day since Nexavar also thins the blood as a side effect of its work on the tumors. Dr. Morgan said that we could go to 40 mg every other day instead of the 60 mg every day we are using now. He also said that the results I had reported to him, cooler tumor, less intense blood vessels showing through the skin over the tumor, the results sounded promising.
Nan and Marilyn have had a sleepy day and Nan has mainly complained of pain in her feet and legs.
I went out to see a relo property in Brentwood, then on to shoot comp photos for a Friday appraisal, then to Pittsburg to reshoot comps for a completed appraisal, then back home. Nan had been asking for me, wondering where I was gone to. Nice to be missed.
I am getting used to sleeping in the recliner and Nan only woke once all night last night, pretty amazing.
This evening at 5 pm I spoke to the pharmacist at Critical Care and found out the blood work looked pretty good, hemoglobin was 8.9, creatins were down to 2.4, in the hospital they had been as high as 3.5, white count which measures infection was down to 9.6 when it had been as high as 16 in the hospital, all good news. Yet Nan is suffering. Her throat is so dry that she can hardly talk no matter how much she drinks. We expect the box with all the helpful info and creams to arrive tomorrow from the drug company.
Please join us in praying for the bleeding to heal. We have prayed for bleeding to stop before when in Boston and it did. Nan is really not able to move about much until the bleeding can be controlled. Please pray that Nan will be more contented and calm too.
Thank you for your help in so many ways. Life is very difficult right now, seeing nan so weak and worried especially about the bleeding and so hopeful for the Nexavar. We sure need God's hand to be over us and His special blessing. Please God, do not abandon your faithful girl, Nan. She needs your healing and comforting touch.

love
tim and nan and marilyn

2 Comments:

  • At 3:22 AM, Anonymous roger and carol said…

    Good Morning Tim,
    Our constant prayer for both of you is for you to be a peace. Yes, "Life is very difficult right now" for both of you (Marilyn too). The unknown is always difficult. What is going on in Nan's body? What is happening with the tumors? Is it getting better or is it getting worse? Why the bleeding? There is really no way of knowing at this point. Only time will tell. In the meantime the best you can do is try to control the pain and keep her as comfortable as possible. You are doing a remarkable job in caring for her. She trusts you and wants you near. What more can you give her?

    Trust that God IS near and is bringing the calming spirit that you both need. "The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged." Deut. 31:8 God promises he will NOT leave us. Trust that he loves you both more than you are able to comprehend and be at peace today.

    Continued love and prayers ~ Carol

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Bob & Carrol. said…

    Hi Tim Nan & Marilyn,

    We too are praying for Your specific issues today and trusting that the Lord will give You strength & healing.

    We had a so-so day at the Clinic on Monday, Counts good enough to stay off Chemo for 2 more months, Knee problem addressed and no further treatment seems necessary or is advised at this time. Dr. says if Carrol has any pain in the joint to let Him know and He will possibly advise more Cortisone or if He feels that it it Myeloma related ,Radaition of the specific area. Concenses is right now that things are the same in that Joint as they were 30 months ago when the first Bone scan was taken so that is a good indication that the treatment that She is on is doing a good job of holding the Cancer at bay. We pray that to continue.

    All three Dr's said to be careful! the knee could flare up again!

    How We, with You and all of the blog readers long for the day When "All things will be made New".
    What a Day that will be.

    Much Love & Continued Prayers,

    Bob & Carrol.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home