Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Prayer alert

Good evening
Its 11:10 here in Boston and once again Nan is having heart issues. She is having heart irregularities once again tonight but I am told they are different than prior ones. Her heart continues to have good blood pressure but the beats are all crazy. Right now the nurse is introducing a bit of nitroglyserine into an IV drip in hopes of helping the heart do a better job. He has already put in a beta blocker or something like that to try to get the heart to be more responsive. I am told that this is not serious but it sure gets my attention when beepers go off all around and warning lights flash. This happened at this time last night too. Last night it settled down and then I went to bed but was back here at 6 this morning so its been a long day indeed. But a longer one for my sweetie. Got my kiss again tonight and she wanted to go through her purse, was looking for some tynnol, of course she can't take any but she wanted to. She has pain in her left leg which I think comes from the sling they use to lift her. She was able to tell me this evening and I passed the word along to her male nurse, really great guy with tons of education beyond nursing.

Nan has no chest pain and feels nothing when the heart misbehaves which I guess is a very good sign. Anyway what he has done has calmed things down a lot and the heart is doing much better. Now I just heard the on duty doc tell him to gently remove the nitro and use more beta to slow the heart more, interesting indeed.

I'm going to sign off now, dead tired, 11:45 pm, I'll have to walk out and leave her once again in God's hands to care for till morning. This is hard stuff let me tell you, here is this precious lady who is normally in charge with plans going on constantly in her head, now reduced to being forced to lay in this bed week after week with no where to go, nothing to do and lots of fears and concerns swirling around her constantly. How she keeps her sanity is beyond me. She whispered to me that if we could find a wheel chair we could go to my room, I think she was serious. I had to tell her we needed a little more time yet to get her on her feet. She was not impressed. She did get to talk to her brother David on the phone this evening and I think they both enjoyed that time together.

Well I've got to sign off, please remember dear Nan in your prayers, calm her beating heart.

love

tim

2 Comments:

  • At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Tim,

    We will do as you ask and the lord will do the rest.

    Bless You,

    Bob & Carrol

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Tim and Nan,

    It is the church campout this weekend and we will be going up for the day on Sabbath and will bring an update on Nan for those who are camping. As always, we will have a special season of prayer for Nan. You are both continually in our prayers.

    Pastor Jim and Jeanne

     

Post a Comment

<< Home