Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A much better day

Dear Ones,

This will be short. I am ill, running a fever and fell about as lousy as one can feel. But the great news is, nan had a better day. Last evening she had toast and chocolate milk and again this morning she had chocolate milk, after I left the wound care nurse came and together they redid the dressings on the nephrostomies and after some pretty incredible pain the dressings are in a better place this evening. During the day Nan went up and down several times and had the porch light burning as a welcome home to me. But the most thrilling moment to me was when she called and asked if I could bring home some fruit, watermelon, strawberrys, grapes which I did and she had some of each tonight. She has had one tiny bout of nausea early this evening after she overdid lemon and water and it set her tummy off. She called me several times and told me she had a thousand phone calls, in fact she wore her cell battery down, a good thing.

Give this girl a chance and she goes for it. Oncology called today and said blood was 8.1 and she needed a transfusion. So looks like friday will be the day at John Muir in Concord.

In spite of being pretty ill I did two inspections today, one in Vacaville and then one in Pleasanton, then I broke down and bought two tires, we had a certificate for part of the cost. Car feels more stable on the road now. I nearly froze while they worked on the car, they have no place where you can relax and sit down and I was barely able to stay on my feet. Then on to Dr. Jim's for appointment. He let me know my blood tests were pretty good, not perfect but pertty good overall and gave me some prescriptions for my current ailment, aching ears, solid head, runny noise, sore throat, sore glands. So another wait at Longs while they filled the prescriptions, then a quick stop at Safeways to try to find decent fruit and finally home to be with the stunningly beautiful Nan. I spent an hour under a blanket shivering and then sweating but was able to prepare her TPN, wore a mask to protect her from my germs and prepared a bit of dinner for her and myself. I had to take a trip out to the wood pile to get wood but the fire caught and created a warm atmosphere for us.

Tonight I sleep in the guest room to try to protect her with a baby monitor so I can hear her when she needs me.

All I can say this evening is that she is doing better and I thank God for it.

Hope to feel better by morning and also hope Nan does not get this bug, not fun at all. last time she did not get it so fingers are crossed.

We heard from Nikki and family today, they are enjoying playing in the snow and seem to be enjoying their vacation very much. We are soooo happy for them, Tahoe is a beautiful place no matter what time of year but especially now with the snow capped mountains.

We send our love to each of you and deeply appreciate the encouraging words from people who respond. Its the first thing I do in the morning, get my inspiration from others. I hope that Sharon is drying out her carpets and starting to recover from her disaster, of all people she does not deserve this.

love

tim and nan

6 Comments:

  • At 5:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tim and Nan ~

    Yea Nan is feeling better! That was a quick fix and sounds like a good one. Meds can play havoc - fixing one thing and knocking down another! Go Nan!!!

    Tim - take care of YOU too. This cold that is going around is a tough one to get rid of. So many people at my office have it. I'm washing my hands all day long - have my trusty little bottle of hand cleaner right on my desk and when anyone comes near or touches anything I clean it up!! So far I haven't gotten sick, but those germs are there. Good for you for taking the guest room so Nan will be a little further from those pesky germs.

    It's still cold here, but maybe a little warmer last night. I still left my kitchen faucet dripping a little all night and so far so good.

    Have a good Thursday.

    Prayers and love, Marilyn

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Tim & Nan,

    We are happy that Nan is doing better, She so deserves to be feeling more like Herself. That Bug that You have, Tim, is a nasty one , several around here have had a round with it and we ,so far have stayed away from it by not being around those with it. Also are praying that it keeps staying away from Our House. Please take care of yourself too, as you are so very important to Nan and you guys are such a good team.

    I'm so glad you got a couple new tires on your car as you were really tempting fate on those skins you had.

    We won a couple tickets to the Hal Ketcham concert at Jackson Rancheria tonight. They are $50 tickets near the front so we we'll see if we like his music. We listened to a couple songs on the computer and it didn't sound bad. We can always leave if we don't like it. The last time we won tickets were to the Pam and Mel Tillis concert and he and his
    orchestra were terrific. He has the best backup group I've ever heard.

    Keep in and keep warm so you can get better. It's amazing how much you have been able to do and stay well, but the time has come to rest. We pray for and love both of you,

    Bob and Carrol

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Tim & Nan,

    We are happy that Nan is doing better, She so deserves to be feeling more like Herself. That Bug that You have, Tim, is a nasty one , several around here have had a round with it and we ,so far have stayed away from it by not being around those with it. Also are praying that it keeps staying away from Our House. Please take care of yourself too, as you are so very important to Nan and you guys are such a good team.

    I'm so glad you got a couple new tires on your car as you were really tempting fate on those skins you had.

    We won a couple tickets to the Hal Ketcham concert at Jackson Rancheria tonight. They are $50 tickets near the front so we we'll see if we like his music. We listened to a couple songs on the computer and it didn't sound bad. We can always leave if we don't like it. The last time we won tickets were to the Pam and Mel Tillis concert and he and his
    orchestra were terrific. He has the best backup group I've ever heard.

    Keep in and keep warm so you can get better. It's amazing how much you have been able to do and stay well, but the time has come to rest. We pray for and love both of you,

    Bob and Carrol

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank our good Lord for the good day ~ at least for Nan. Tim, I hope you get to feeling better very soon also. Roger is still coughing. I'm sure your resistance is on zero about now which doesn't help much. That "AirBourne" stuff really does work! It might help you get over it sooner also.

    Winter is here ~ at least for now. We have a little icing on the trees, but nothing on the ground. It has been quite warm and kept the ground warm, so nothing sticks yet. We are getting colder weather now however. Today's high was 34. Tomorrow is to be warmer then another blast of icing on Sunday. We never know for sure what will happen when they predict precipitation during this time of year. Snow is just fine ~ but ice is not fun!

    Glad you got at least 2 tires, Tim! Now you have some traction on those wet roads. Get healthy and you're good to go.

    Keep those home fires burning! It's cold outside.

    Continued love and prayers ~ Carol

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Nan and Tim,
    Its the North Carolina strange woman...ooops that's suppose to be stranger here. Wanting to praise God for prayers answered.

    AirBourne does help. We just got over a virus that sounds the like the same thing. It takes the starch right out of you.

    Rest and get well soon.

    Love and prayers,

    Phyllis

     
  • At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tim,

    Glad to hear, along with all your faithful friends, that we all got great news. Nan is better via decreased nausea, better via increased appetite, better via a husband with enough sense to not drive on bald tires (sometimes). There is plenty of room for this welcome joyful news. Thanks.

    I wish do address a concern I have about you Tim. I am worried that you have done something that you, in the future, will get you in trouble with your wife. This last message contained the phrase "stunningly beautiful Nan". Be careful, I used that phrase once and my wife was on to me. Nan is really sharpe so you probably got lucky and she didn't hear the two superlative adjectives together. You need to be more careful.

    your cheered by answered prayer friend,

    Wes (husband of a beautiful Nan) I feel joy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home