Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Home safe and sound

Dear Ones,
We drove home this evening from MBA where Jason and Jo live and work. In spite of brief periods of nausea and vomiting Nan enjoyed herself a lot. She walked up steps and down steps, enjoyed their recliner and just had a very special time. Jason, Clayton and Jo were sort of house bound since they had been exposed to whooping cough, were on antibiotics but could not socialize like normal. Our doctor said it would probably be OK to visit and relieved we loaded and drove down. The weather was perfect, we ate great food thanks to Jo, Jason and Nan, enjoyed talking, napping and catching up on how the baby is coming along. We got the crib from our house set up in their nursery today, Jo rescued the day when she found 4 little pieces that were vital for assembly that had fallen on the grass as Clayton carried in the bed. Jo is beginning to show visible signs of a precious little guy growing rapidly inside.

This morning Nan made her way into the house and watched animal planet, food channel and even QVC. She had a lemon which settled her stomach for awhile. I borrowed Jason's Forester and went to marina, a small town down the coast and conducted an appraisal, then back home and loaded up the motorhome for our return trip. Unfortunately I left some ruts in Jason's lawn with the weight of the motorhome which I hope won't stay there forever. Jason and Jo are busy planting beautiful things in their backyard and recently painted the nursery a pale blue color. That was even before they found out for sure that the baby is a boy. Jo is elated, she has wanted a boy from day one.

So regretfully we left the beautiful setting, our precious children and headed home. It took about 2 and 1/2 hours to come home and we were both very tired by the time we arrived.

Our hearts are full of gratitude for God's blessings over this weekend. The trip ended in a special way. Nikki called and said Keanna was sad because she wanted to hug her grandmother good night so we diverted a few blocks and Nikki and Keanna came into the motorhome to talk and to hug grammy and papa. What a special homecoming!!

Our prayer tonight is focused on the gradual increase in nausea and vomiting again. We are not sure why this time, we believe she is hydrated well at this point and don't understand where the nausea is coming from. Nan has increased her Gleevec intake to 800 mg a day instead of the 600 she was on since learning the tumor was growing. That could be the reason. Tomorrow morning Terri, our visiting nurse comes for blood work and that should help clear things up a bit.

I've got to tell you, the other day Nan went shopping at a store where blouses and shirts were 2 for the price of 1. Well she got some that are really cute and I find myself looking at her with admiration. She dresses up real cute!

Sharon is doing well, Pam is doing well, Dana is doing too much but doing well. I am recovering slowly but managed to drive the 231 miles round trip in the motorhome without incident.


tim and nan

PS thanks for the beautiful flowers Jason and Jo, they are very special!


Post a Comment

<< Home