Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Critical

Good Morning All,
I am writing from our bedroom recliner so I can be near Nan. She went to sleep with a 101 or higher fever and slept all night. but her quietness was not a good sign at all. This morning I found her sort of on her side with her knees pulled up breathing shallow breathes. Her temp was over 103, perhaps 104, hard to tell as different places read differently. When I tried to rouse her to take Tylenol I could not get her to be aware of needing to swallow, I finnaly knocked at Dana's door and she came and I held Non in an upright position which we both tried to talk to her to get her attention through the fog so she would take the liquid Tylenol. Dana used a eye dropper and we finally got most of the med into her but it was very tough, her bed was bent forward and she did not know what was happening. Her body shakes an involuntary shudder from time to time. I got the ice packs and put them under her arms and she sleeps fitfully now under just a sheet with a cold cloth on her head. The nurse will be here in a few minutes for monday blood draws and I expect her to say mom needs to be in the hospital. If she goes by ambulance they will only take her to Sutter Delta which is not where we want her to be, she gets much better care in the hospital in Concord. So we will see what happens. She is in deep trouble as the fevers cannot be controlled and are making it very tough on her whole body. As I write she is lying on her back trying to clear her throat, is gently shaking from the cold of the ice packs and effects of the fever and is mostly asleep still. I have a bag of hydration going in and its almost in now. I'm afraid I'm out of home options. I've made no progress with the fevers at all and they are wearing her down.
Nan needs your best and most powerful prayers in her behalf. This is the weakest and most ill I have seen her since Boston.
We both want to see Timothy so much! We thank God for His blessings in this little bundle of life and joy. Jo and Jason will be good parents and raise him right.
I'm not sure what I feel at this point, I long for Nan to feel better yet baring a miracle I fear that may not happen. God has touched her so many times in the past and I always seek yet another healing, another recovery, another smile or laugh. What does God have in store?

Thank you my dear friend for whatever you can do today for Nan, she is worthy of your prayers and positive thoughts.

So I reluctantly sign off hating to loose this connection with you. I feel frightened, lonely, uncertain, detached......

love

tim and nan

5 Comments:

  • At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tim,

    I just read both blogs and I'm praying for Nan and for yourself. You are right God is in control. Nan has come out of this so many times but you see her everyday. Let's pray for the best also for Nan not to be suffering so much.

    Art left early this morning for his walk perhaps he is talking with you now. I know that last night he talked to you right before we went to bed and the blog was not written at that time.

    Continue to have faith.

    ---Connie

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello dear Tim, Be strong. God is in control and knows what is best. We are praying for you. Love, Barbie

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tim - I just got home and read the Blog from this morning. Know that my prayers are there for you and Nan. Remember, we don't know what the future holds, but we know Who holds the future. This little thought was so helpful to me. Love, Marilyn

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Tim,

    I had not checked the blog since early a.m. until just now.... I'm so sorry to hear of Nan's weakness, fever and being in trouble. I'm so glad Dana is there with you to bring support. I assume Nan is in the hospital now and you are by her side.

    You are all in our prayers during this critical time. We ask God to send a few extra ministering angels to be with you to sustain you and bring you peace.

    Love and prayers ~ Carol

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger Irene Wing said…

    Dear Tim,
    During the past year, God has been so good to Nan when things seems so bleak. With His help Nan has been able to pull through each event. I don't know what He has planned for her with the present circumstances but we know He is sovereign.
    My pastor's sermon from yesterday included the following scripture ..."though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials"... "these have come so that your faith-- of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire -- may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed." 1 Peter 1:6-7
    How our Lord will be glorified as you continue to trust in Him.
    Blessings and love,
    Irene

     

Post a Comment

<< Home