Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Oh waiting for the brothers to arrive.....

Dear Family and Friends,
It is now Sunday evening, we are sitting here in the family room enjoying the cool of the AC and watching our 18 year old big screen which amazingly still has a good picture. Dana, Nan and I along with Starr have just completed eating and Nan has just finished taking her meds for the night. She has had an amazingly good day in her recliner. She came down at 9 this morning and has been here ever since. Dana helped her acheive something she has wanted for days. That is new hair color, "excellence by Loreal". She stood at the sink and Dana helped her wash, color, rinse and then she walked back to the stairs and down to the recliner. Yes Nan was tired but very satisfied with the results. If you see her it might be good to comment on her hair color!!!

Tomorrow Joe and David arrive in Sacramento at 2:45. Then the kids will be all together again. Dana says tomorrow night when we get home we'll have pizza and relax. The guys will be very tired as they are driving many miles before boarding the plane in San Antonio. Then they fly hours to get here and then 1.5 hours from airport to home at this end.

Nan has not gotten a chance to see her brothers in several years so she really looks forward to their coming. Fortunately they are coming at a time when Nan seems to be doing better and is more alert and aware.

Now its time to take Nan up to bed for the night. She has been up 13 hours and is really ready to rest and deserves it totally.

My concerns remain about what will happen now we are through with the antibiotic for her blood infection. We have a few more days of the other ones left. So we watch the temperatures and pray that God will watch over Nan.

So good night friends and family,

love

tim and nan and dana and john

6 Comments:

  • At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I woke with a pain in my upper back a little while ago, so had to check the blog while I am up. Good news there! That was quite a feat yesterday! Up for 13 hours AND getting the hair washed and colored. She really MUST be feeling a bit better. I'm sure she wants to look beautiful for her brothers. How special to have them all together again. Better look out, Tim. You are going to be in the minority for awhile. You know what happens when siblings get together....

    We had a super busy day yesterday ~ end of month people coming and going, piles of laundry, people coming to look at cottages, people in and out of the office. It's all part of the job, but somedays I would like to be at home knowing that if I choose to stay in my pjs all day that I can. Some day!

    Have a really good visit with the brothers-in-law. Remember ~ they came to see Nan not Tim....

    Now I'll head back to bed with a little Advil and see if I can go back to sleep. I pray you both have a good nights sleep and Nan continues to improve.

    Much love and continued prayers ~ Carol

     
  • At 11:43 PM, Blogger Irene Wing said…

    Dear Tim and Nan,
    I was so concerned about Nan's fever and am glad it's getting better. Hopefully, it be will stablized by the time Nan's brothers arrive. Tim, please take a photo of Nan and her siblings. What a special treat to have them altogether.
    Looking forward to hearing about more improvements. Hopefully with the AMN, Nan's tumors will shrink or stop growing.
    By the way, having her hair refreshed with "excellence by Loreal" is a good step to re-energizing Nan's special determination. Also, prayers for you are always in my thoughts.
    Love,
    Irene

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Morning Discovery Bay,

    We rejoice with You that Nan is doing so much better. How special that Her Family can be together after so many years, Good visit time should be coming up and Tim , maybe You can get some things done that You have been putting off.

    The visiting Brothers should appreciate this fine weather that We are having, hope it continues for the next days while they are here. We all know too well how quickly it can get HOT around here at this time of Year.

    We enjoyed the "Modern Millie" Play Sat night but did not find any of the music familiar at all and that was a bit of a dissapointment. Today I think We will give the "Simpsons" Movie a look see. We also plan to see "No Reservations" tomorrow, friends have highly reccomended it to Us.

    Next Monday 6th is Carrol's regular Clinic appointment and We are Praying for a good Lab test report to be there for Us. How wonderful it will be when Our Lord returns and We no longer have to deal with Lab's, Hospitals and Cancer .

    Have a wonderful week of renewal with Your Family Members and feeling good times for Nan.

    Love & Prayers,

    Bob & Carrol.

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tim,

    I guess you will have to step up and fly right for the next few days. With Nan's BROTHERS in town just one misstep on your part could be a disaster! Good luck on modifiing your behavior. I wouldn't want you to get beaten up.

    I used that excellence by Loreal once but I didn't have the good results that Nan did. My daughter was coloring her and a friends hair, something to do with red highlights because the auburn look was in at the moment. Then she wanted to color my hair which being a good sport I agreed to. Well the red hightlights on my partially grey hair did not have the same auburning effect it did on my daughters brown hair. My co-workers did think that the pink hightlights were a good look for me though.

    Enjoy your newest guests! God bless!

    Wes

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Friends, Now won't that just be fun on Nan's part having all her siblings there together. I'm sooo glad she is feeling better. Hope she did not overdo yesterday by being up 13 hours and now will be too tired to enjoy today.
    It's certainly warming up; on my walk at 7 this morning I came home wringing wet. I'm sure humidity is here too and that is the worst!
    We are going to Tahoe campmeeting this Sabbath just for the day and then driving over to the cabin to stay with Jeni until Monday morning. Her best friend, Courtney Otto, got married last weekend at Eureka and Jeni was in the wedding. Speaking of weddings, did I tell you Joleane and Fran's daughter, Anne-Marie, is getting married the first of September?
    Well, have a great day and stay cool. I'm drying off a little and need to go get my shower and get ready for the big outing of the day...a trip to Safeway for bananas!
    Love and prayers, Barbie

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tim & Nan,
    Hi! I have been checking Nan's blog every week and am so glad to see that she is starting to feel a little better and regain some strength.

    You both continue to be in my prayers daily.

    Praying that God continues to pour his strength, healing and blessings down on both of you.

    Leslie Sain

     

Post a Comment

<< Home