Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday evening - wrapping up a tough week

Dear Friends and Family,

Rough week is right! Nan is trying to go to sleep now with a very painful stomach, nausea and general malaise. She just feels lousy. This morning we noted that she is starting to run a fever again, she had a 100.1 and it was 99.3 last night.
I am praying nearly all the time as I drive, work and sit at my desk that something will give way and that the blockage can pass. We were able to get the pills, AMN, we needed today as we were almost out with no enough to last until monday. So a little trip to Antioch yielded the pills she will need.
We are glad Sabbath is here. It will allow me to be with Nan for the next 24 hours without being forced to be away to work. She is mentally sharp but just does not feel good at all, can't eat anything, hurts to sit up, hurts to lay down, hurts to walk.
The emotional load of seeing nan so ill day after day is heavy, not impossible, just heavy and when you call or email the load is lifted a bit. Dolly has been so helpful this week in so many ways and marilyn is a life saver. She genuinely enjoys helping nan and it shows and helps nan so much.
Tonight we have mighty mite, Keanna here. She is such a grown up girl now, we could not find enough food to keep her full tonight and she is settled in now, so precious. Nan took an early nap so she could be more awake when Keanna arrived. We are glad to have her under our roof tonight.
Please pray your most powerful prayers for Nan. She desperately needs help, healing and soon.

Thank you for your love and prayers, please do not quit or get tired. Nan needs the best we all have to give.

love

tim and nan and marilyn

5 Comments:

  • At 5:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Sabbath ~
    Disease - can't wait for heaven!!! Nan is such a trooper - even in such pain and misery, she can get a nap in so she will be more awake for when Keanna arrives! That little Keanna - she brings and leaves joy wherever she goes.

    Today my Patrick arrives a little late in the afternoon and we're going to Lake Tahoe for my niece's wedding. Hope the traffic is OK and we can just sail up the hill. He will be here a couple of days to help with my "honey do" list and mostly play this time. I love it when he comes up for a visit.

    Keep your courage up and have a good day. Blessings and prayer for you all. Love, Marilyn

     
  • At 6:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Your "mighty mite" and "mini-me" grandkids are a gift from God!! Makes me smile every time I read about the two of them!! God is totally amazing, knowing you would need those two little bodies at this time...He knows your address...He knows your name...and He will answer your prayers.

    Life in Denver? Well, the past weeks have been beyond tough dealing with church leadership issues I wish never happened! Pastors are human--and congregations are, well, at times impossible to please! I can't help asking at times like this why on earth God gave us His name "Christ-ian"! We SO misrepresent Him at times!! But we keep bumbling on--trying to do the best we can to represent Him in a way that will, as John says, get the church "out of the building" and into the community!!

    Well, Tim and Nan, I believe God's Word is about one thing--relationships. Everything--theology, life in general--is about relationships and you two are an impressive example of the kind of relationship God has with each and every one of us. Thank you for enduring intense, seemingly unending pain in order to show the rest of us a picture of who God truly is! You are a true picture of God's love as you love each other!

    Happy Sabbath!! Our prayers are wrapping you in love!

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tim,

    You will never believe what happened this morning. I made the dicovery of a life time. I am so excited. I never thought I would get to make an important discovery. I thought that time had passed me by and there be no grest thing for me to do but alas it was not true. I made it, just this morning, I discovered why the Egyptians built the pyrimids!

    After a full nights sleep of snoring, tossing, turning and generally extracting the sheets from the mattress I arose. Mostly awake I went into the bathroom and washed the sleep from my eyes. Then a vision appeared as I looked into the mirror, my eyes clearing from the recent washing. There on top of my head I could see a pyrimid. Bam! Just like that I knew why the Egyptians had built the pyrimids. Some Egyptian must have had the same wonderful experience that I did.

    I would have sent you a picture but my wife made me comb my hair.

    Anyway I am happy to be a hero. I finally did something important so I can join the crowd with Tim, Nan, Merry Land, and all their other superhero friends!

    Together we can even unblock things! The Moving Mountains training will be next week. Karen Cress will be in charge as she is already in Denver

    Wes

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Tim, Nan & Marilyn,

    Yes, We truly do need the rest that the Sabbath brings. How We do wish along with You that Nan's pain and suffering could be relieved and that She once again could really enjoy Life to the fullest. Her Little "Ray of Sunshine" has only known Her Grammy as One that needs Her for the "Good Medecine" that She brings. How wonderful it would be if She & Grammy could go to the Park together and just have some fun being "Girl Friends".

    Our Dear Friend Dick Wiech & wife Rosie joined Us last evening at the Spaghetti Factory for dinner, First time in over a Year. He has spent 124 of the last 365 days in the Hospital dealing with complications from Lung Cancer Surgery and is finally feeling more like Himself again. We are so thankful to the Lord for hearing Our Prayers on His behalf and granting this turnabout for Him. Only a Month ago We thought the end was very near and now He is up and around.

    We will continue to Pray that Nan will get more relief from the Pain and that the blockage will open soon. If She could only eat and enjoy it that would be a big lift to Her spirit.

    Love You,

    Bob & Carrol.

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wes.......you got to cut down on your drinkin'!!!! I think it may have been a cone on your head and you are actually a part of the conehead family. john

     

Post a Comment

<< Home