Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Monday, September 03, 2007

Nan battles pain

Dear Family and Friends,
Nan is having continual pain in her left thigh. Last night she woke about every two hours, we would manually drain her stomach with the syringe, give her some pain meds and then she was able to go back to sleep, she slept longer time periods as the night progressed and we both finally got up at 9 this morning. We used more Adavan than normal last night and she also took some extra Dilautid. The pump from Apria has turned out to be totally worthless and tomorrow they will try again to find one that works.
We brought Nan down about 9:30 and she has been in her recliner the whole day, she has alternated between being awake and in pain or sleeping for periods of time. When awake Marilyn has been faithfully massaging her painful places.
This evening we received an email from Jo with photos of their big excursion to the old train in the Redwoods. Some of the photos are just so cute and I forwarded it to Nan's laptop and just played the photos for her. She loved seeing them and cute little Timothy, his beautiful mother Jo and faithful Grandparent Julie. Thank you Jo and Jason for sharing the photos. They really hit home around here.
I continue to fight my illness, chest congestion, stuffy head, small fever and sore throat. I decided to get out and make some money today so I ran to Rodeo to see a perfectly maintained home and then to the fish store since Nan's beloved Reef Tank had a pump fail for its filter, without a filter the water would have become toxic in a couple days. They guys at the store tried to fix the pump we had but could not get it open or repair it so now we have a newer one which is cleaning the tank. Nan has had some of the same fish for years in her tank which Steve has maintained for us and she enjoys seeing her fish as she rides by in the chair.
Marilyn and I both think the pain might be ever so slightly less this evening but I don't think Nan sees it that way. It is controlling her every waking moment so what joy she did have in her days is now gone completely.
I am asking God to control this pain, this blockage, this upset stomach.
Thank you for your prayers and extended love, I know Nan is touched by the feedback to her current situation.

love

tim and nan and marilyn

4 Comments:

  • At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Morning!

    I'm so sorry to hear of Nan's continuous pain. I know it is difficult for both of you. With having to be up every 2 hours or so you are not getting enough sleep. No wonder you are not feeling well. Your body is complaining. So, what to do? The best you can with the situation at hand. Tim, you are doing an outstanding job of caring for Nan. God has truly given you an extra portion of strength for each day. I'm surprised you haven't been sick more.

    Linda and Andrew will be here in about an hour and a half! We are really looking forward to their visit. Andrew already has his bid in to build a "Billy Cart" (go cart) with Grandpa. So, Grandpa will enjoy the challenge of building with someone who doesn't like to follow directions and has his own way of doing things. AND he is always right! Hmmm ~ maybe they are a little too much alike in some ways?

    My prayer for you today is for a better day with less pain. Is it possible to have more pain control and still keep her lucid? Pain can wear a body down very quickly!

    Love and Prayers ~ Carol

     
  • At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tim,

    I had thought there was something fishy going on at your place but I couldn't put my finger on it. I don't have anything fishy here at my place but we did have some great sushi for lunch last week.

    Now I have a wonderful self cleaning, self feeding and self stocking aquarium! It is a old technology but is still working after 5 years. I have never lost a fish that I can tell. I'll bring them with me on my next visit. Do you have a VCR?

    Another day at school with 1400 middle schoolers! It can be the best of times and the worst of times. Fortunatly for me it is mostly the best.

    I pray that your day is productive and that Marilyn finds a great book to read and that Nan can get some relief from the constant pain the takes much of the joy from her day.

    Wes

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger Dan M. Appel said…

    Tim,

    Just heard this morning about your blog and read about the continued painful journey you and Nan and your family are walking.

    Just want you to know that we continue to think about you and pray for you.

    Anything tangible we can do?

    Dan and Charla

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Nan & Tim,
    I just got back from the "Whote House" in Tracy.
    Mom came home from the hospital this morning, and other than needing to catch up on her rest, she's feeling fine. Dad is on cloud nine to have her back. Thank you everyone for your prayers for her.
    We continue to pray for precious Nan, that the Lord will bless her with relief from the pain and any other distress in her life. Tim, I ask also that God will bless your faithfulness with perfect peace and rest from worry and fear. There is nothing on this planet that can defeat God. And He will win this battle for you too!
    Sleep well tonight,

    Nancy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home