Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Thursday evening

Dear Family and Friends,
I'm just home from SF where I did an appraisal on a property just across from the Cow Palace. There is also a Taco Bell there so I had dinner before heading home.
I went to the doctor today and while he did not have time to tell me what is wrong with me he did give me some samples and a prescription. He brought me two pills and a cup of water. It was very kind of him to fit me into an incredible schedule. Then I drove to SF with minimal traffic, saw the property, shot the comps, had burrito then headed home. Traffic was bad through Highway 24 and the hot engine light came on in the bug, so I turned the heater on high, started the AC working which starts an extra fan in front of the radiator and after about 5 stressful minutes the light went out. Just one more interesting thing to round out the day. Got to talk to Nikki while in SF and my brother Jerry and Art on the way home which helped a great deal in making the miles melt away.

Nan has had an OK day, wound care nurse put on new nephrostomy dressing which have already started to come loose. I'll look into that in a minute. Nan rested part of the day but battled nausea most of the day. She and Marilyn were busy watching reruns and keeping Nan drinking water. The new pump continues to do a great job removing extra stuff from Nan's stomach. Still no desire to eat food or drink anything but water.

When the wound care nurse was here this morning she found Nan to have a 100.9 temperature, that caused some alarm so we will need to keep checking it. I hope and pray that Nan will not get this bronchial thing I have, not sure what it is but my lungs hurt badly when I cough and the cough is deep and gut wrenching. I feel lousy most of the time and its hard to be up and optomistic when days go by with no income, you feel really rough, Nan feels pretty rough and bill collectors call daily looking for money. Well today two checks did come in the mail finally and they will help us to be able to start paying bills again. September is a challenging month as some of the MLS boards come due and they are not cheap at all. Sometimes I just wonder what lies ahead for us.

I will tell you this, money from the recovery fund paid the monthly premium for the health insurance on time. We would have been in a very bad place if that bill did not get paid, it is $1,150 and worth every dime as they have been quite wonderful about paying the bulk of the huge medical bills. Your help is much appreciated. Every time I think we are finally to a place where we don't need any additional help then it comes through and then it is needed at just the right moment.

We are facing a tough decision tonight and tomorrow morning regarding going to see Timothy dedicated on Sabbath. Nan and I really want to see this happen but we don't want to risk making him sick so a lot will depend on how I feel in the morning. If the antibiotic works like it usually does I will be much better. Nan can probably handle the trip but it will be a challenge for her. We love this little guy and are delighted that his parents are dedicating him to Jesus.

Please pray that God will guide us in all things, health wise, travel wise, money wise. We need His direction in our lives more than ever as the pressure builds at times.

love

tim and nan and marilyn
We are thankful for some new orders today, of course they are located 2 hours away in Madera but they are still orders, yea!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tim,

    I guess I didn't pray hard enough. You just got to sing.

    I'm in the cents
    I'm in the cents
    Two checks came to day
    But I'm in the cents
    noooooow.

    Well compared to the day before that is actually wonderful. Tomorrow can be better still. Hopefully your big client will come through and then you will really be singing. Wait knowing you, your were probably singing anyway because you know HIM!

    I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free. HIS eye is on the sparrow and I know he watches me! Even when your mouth can't sing " my heart will go on singing".

    Like the old saying. Pray for rain but keep hoeing. Pray for no red engine light but check the radiator for fluid. Plan for tomorrow but work today. There will be no other today so make it a great day or not the choice is yours.

    Prays for you, Nan and Marilyn that this day will be the best that anyone of you can remember.

    Wes

     
  • At 3:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Morning!

    Now how can anyone top Wes? He says it all in the best way! I'll bet his students love him.

    I hope your antibiotics are beginning to work and you will be able to make that trip for the special event. No, you don't want to pass along any bugs for little Timothy. And no, you don't want any bugs in your bug either. I hope that was just a passing glitch and you will both have a better day today.

    Roger's choir has a concert tomorrow (maybe 2~ I don't remember) He said it will be a really good concert because the rehearsal this week was horrible! They are working on some very difficult music and it is taking a long time to get it to the comfort level.

    Another very busy day today! "Life comes at you fast" sometimes, so the best we can do is try to be ready for it. I'm trying anyway.......

    Love and prayers ~ Carol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home