Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sunday, not too bad

Dear Friends and Family,

Nan is reading last nights blog, its the first time she has read a blog by herself and I'm delighted she is interested. She has had a pretty good day. This morning we got up late and I went to work, a little later she called and came down and we had hot drinks together. I went back to work and eventually she announced she was ready to go back up for a nap. Instead we took a walk in the wonderful breezes. In spite of every step hurting she enjoyed the walk and did a great job of it. Then having certainly earned the right to a nap she went up to rest. I worked and got an important relo appraisal out. During the day my kidneys began to let me know that the stone was not yet passed so I took one pain pill and kept working. Nikki called in the late afternoon and in the conversation she reminded me Longs Drug closes early on sunday. I needed to get Nan's pain patches so I hit the road, made it with 2 minutes to spare. Nikki talked to Nan and invited us to dinner at their house. Steve was doing his magic with the BBQ. So we loaded up, nan walked to the car, rode up front and then walked into the house on her own steam, Keanna was delighted that grammie was visiting. Nikki and STeve had a great meal prepared and mom enjoyed some watermelon, sat in the recliner on a heating pad and enjoyed watching Keanna do her thing. She showed us how fast she can run now, that she can dance on one foot and lots of other things, she ate a big dinner even trying new things.

After dinner we headed home but hated to miss any of the new season of amazing race, a great show we all like around here. Now I am blogging, nan has just finished reading yesterdays blog and I have her TPN ready to go, all we have to do is her dressing and then sleepy time.

We were very saddened today by the passing of one of the very impressive GISTers we have tracked over the months on the web site. It is always so hard to accept that this terrible disease has taken another precious life, oh that a cure could be found that would stop the tumors in their tracks, we long and pray for it all the time.

Tomorrow I have a very long day out in the field seeing properties. I hope my kidney stone won't decide to be on the move again but I am ready with my pain meds. Been drinking tons of water and cranberry juice and so far I have been able to keep functioning. Just hope I am not damaging my kidneys in the process.

nan will be alone most of the day, nurse is coming at 9 and LeAnn, our next door neighbor will be home until about 1 pm and nan can call on Loree who lives nearby. I'll be home by 6:30 or 7 and will be tired by then, in fact I'm tired now and I have not started the day yet.

We send our love and deepest appreciation for all the things, words, prayers that come our way. Nan deeply appreciates knowing that people care enough to pray for her. She was touched today that Karen Cress found a moment in her schedule to call and chat. Words and the people behind them do matter and make life a lot better. You have a lot of power in what you do.

We have been praying and thinking about our friend Roger all day today. We trust that he is better and anxious to leave his ICU bed and get home, soon Roger, soon, relax and rebuild my friend.

Please continue to pray for Roger, for Nate and for Nan that the source of her pain can be pinpointed and then dealt with. Its in His hands and we trust Him.

love

tim and nan

5 Comments:

  • At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tim & Nan,

    Thoughts are things and the good thoughts are translated into good things. Your fiends are here thinking good thoughts and lifting you up in prayer. We are heartened to know that you are seeing them in action in your life each day. Your blog is helping me stay focused on what is important.

    We love you and think of you often and pray for you daily.

    Your blessed friends,

    Wes & Nan

     
  • At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tim & Nan,

    Wow! Even the fiends are wishing you well. YOur Friends are too.

    Wes

     
  • At 3:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was good to talk to you, Nan. You are sounding stronger. Nice had a good day with Keanna and family at their house this time with a change of scenery.

    Roger left ICU late yesterday and is now in the regular cardiac unit. They got him up and had him walk for the first time and he did just fine. He has a "pooling" of blood in the lower portion of his heart that they are keeping an eye on. At first they thought he might have a rupture of the heart. Thank God, it is not. The heart was not pumping the blood out properly for a time. They refer to the "pooling" as sludge and are waiting for it to absorb into the body. He has been on a heparin drip and cumin to thin his blood. So far it has been very slow at thinning. Last night they stopped the heparin and started Lovinox (sp?) Nan, you know all about that one! We thank God he is doing so well and we thank all of you for your many prayers! Cheryl leaves tomorrow. I've been so grateful to have her here.

    Our love and prayers continue for you this week.

    Carol

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Nan & Tim, Don't forget to pick me up tomorow! Can't wait to get there.

    Roger, you go man! Keeping you in my prayers. Sometimes we wonder what God's plan is for each of us, but I know that He knows what He is doing and He will never leave us. This is one nasty world we live in!

    Hope you both have a good night. Tim, I have been given the answer to all "stones", will share with you tomorrow.

    Love, Sharon

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nan & Tim, Don't forget to pick me up tomorrow. If I don't see you, I'll go with the first person that holds up a sign that says anything near my name!

    Roger, you go man! Keeping you in my prayers. Carol, tie a knott and hang on! We all know the pressure you are both under. God is in charge!

    Hoope you two have a good night. I'll see you soon.

    Love, Sharon

     

Post a Comment

<< Home