Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Another good day

Dear Friends and Family,

As Nan's birthday celebration looms Nan is doing well. After a good nights sleep she woke without nausea and came down stairs. While she worked in her chair I worked in the office. Keanna and Steve stopped by to feed ducks and to say hello, orders came in the fax and the fire crackled in the stove thanks to Mr. Art's wood gift.

At about 2 this afternoon I finished a difficult appraisal and headed for South San Francisco to a condo project. It is a beautiful development with views of the bay. I had 6 to see while I was there. Then fight traffic home but the GPS guided me without error. On the way home I got a call from Nan who informed me she was in Brentwood having her hair done. I was pleasantly shocked with her courage. She actually got home later than I did by a few minutes and yes she was tired when she got here, sat in that chair and recouped a bit. Between Steve and myself we finally got the jar of artichoke hearts open this morning. I put the lid back on so firmly that Nan could not open it and had her appetite all ready for them. We got it open tonight and she had a ton of them along with iced tea.

When I walked in I decided to clean the family room, it had gotten cluttered over the past few days, if I sit then I start to unwind and its hard to get back up and work. So I cleaned and folded, then to the kitchen and unloaded the dishwasher and then reloaded it, then to the clothes washer to wash sheets, then to TPN prep and then to sitting down for a few minutes to relax.

Nan is doing well, there is only a small amount of drainage from her incision wound, the infection in her nephrostomy is much better and she is moving around much more easily with more strength and her mental attitude is grat, she is alert, rested and very engaged in everything. It is amazing to see the difference between now and 10 days ago. We thank the dear Lord for His kind help and healing.

Looking forward to seeing you sunday, can't wait!

love

tim and nan

2 Comments:

  • At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest Nan and Tim,

    God's blessings continue to flow forth to both of you and we praise the Lord daily. So many prayers have been offered and answered on your behalf. Todays report is so wonderful and just what we needed to hear! Nan, we are so thrilled at your steady improvement and so glad that a simple change in medications had such a profound effect on your wellbeing. It sounds like the "old" Nan is back, getting out and going on her own as needed.

    We are looking forward to Sunday when we can meet some of the "angels" who have worked so hard for you two and help you celebrate your very special birthday. Again I say, "thank you Father" and we'll see you Sunday.

    Love,

    Bob and Carrol

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmm ~ I wrote in your blog earlier today and I don't know where it went????

    I too was praising the Lord for his mercies in your behalf. That was a very brave thing for you to do ~ drive to get your hair done. Now you will look beautiful for your party and you will have time to rest up from getting your hair done.

    So glad you are feeling better with less nausea, less leaking, less pain and more strength.

    Love and prayers ~Carol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home