Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Better!

Quick update on tonights blog. While Nan was sleeping my cell rang, it was George from Tracy, he had read the blog and thought I might need to hear from a friend. I quickly left the room and went to a visitors waiting area and we talked for about 50 minutes. What a blessing that call was, helped so much to just get a positive perspective from a very good friend.

When I went back to the room Nan woke and said she was feeling much better, nausea had passed, fever was down, she looked and sounded much better. I hooked up some new drain bags and we said our goodnights and I came home much happier and relieved.

Seems the combo of some dilatude and phenergan worked the trick, nice to know for the future.

Good night and thanks George for your call.

tim

2 Comments:

  • At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Nan and Tim,
    Just the stranger in NC checking in to let you know that you are prayed for daily.

    Tim you and your Nan are amazing. Your are both like the "little engine that could" and can! You keep moving up that mountain of "can't do" and proving "you can do"!!!!!!

    God bless your day with joy and peace; providing for your every need.

    Love and prayers,
    Phyllis

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Nan and Tim,
    I'm so sorry you missed your trip to Monteray Bay this weekend. It was the perfect weekend to go. Fortunately, you can go later and enjoy the beautiful area with your children.

    I can truly empathize with you when it comes to hospital personnel as they always think they know more than you do and rarely will they double check before proceeding. As a nurse I soon learned to listen to my patients because they had been through some of the procedures more times than I had and so they saved me a lot of steps. Besides, many of them know their bodies so well it behoves you to listen.

    This came in so handy when I was a Home Health nurse. If we didn't address a little complaint at our visit, we would get called back at night to address it after hours. Believe me it's a lot easier to take care of problems during the day than the night!

    We pray you have a better day today and get home soon. We all miss seeing you! Especially Star.

    Our love to you both,

    Carrol and Bob

     

Post a Comment

<< Home