Nan Mustard's Recovery

This blog is a record of Erin (Nan) Mustard's recovery.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Kauai

Dear Family and Friends,
This evening finds Nikki and Keanna and Steve arriving home in Oakland to a very cold world. They flew out this afternoon and I flew as far as Honolulu with them and said a tough good bye to them as they left the place to wait for their ATA flight home. I stayed on the plane, dried my tears and flew to Kauai. Jason, Jo and Timothy met me at the airport and we found my cute little hotel room. Its a little bungalow with new bath, nice bed, little frig and a flat screen TV. It is just perfect and I love it. We then drove to a beach that Jason had heard about at church and found a small place to snorkel with a rock wall keeping the surf away. Jo, Timothy and I sat on a towel in the wind while Jason snorkeled. He came in beaming, having managed to see many fish and finally get into the water. The we went to their hotel which is very nice, they have a view of the ocean, pool and a very nice room with a sitting area and high speed Internet. We ventured out to find dinner and ate at the Hula Girl, good food and decent service. Then we searched and found a little ice cream desert. Timothy had fallen asleep on his daddy's chest and slept through the entire meal and as we drove around he slept on. While we were driving back to my hotel it rained hard but then stopped as we neared the room. I've been here a few hours enjoying talking to friends, emailing and watching the TV. Now I'm heading to bed.
I started this day with a 6:30 phone call from a credit card company asking to speak to Erin Mustard. I filled them in what has happened and they ask that I fax a death certificate to them. the outcome is unclear but it appears they may accept that as the end of the matter since it was in Nan's name only. We will see.
I have had a very solid relaxing time so far, Nikki and Steve could not have been nicer to me making me feel welcome and loved. Keanna was the perfect little grandchild and we had a blast at the pool, at meals, in the unit and I am so proud of her spirit, her bright approach to life and her clever ways. She loves to play and can make a game out of a hat, hide and seek, just about anything. What a precious little person God has given our family. Thank you Nikki and Steve and Keanna for helping this be a very good Christmas after all.
Tonight as I write I can hear wind raging outside and rain has fallen much of the evening. I hope for Jason and Jo's sake that the weather improves so they can enjoy a boat trip to the backside of the island to see one of the most beautiful places in the world. They are not to anxious to take the helicopter ride since over the past couple years there have been some crashes with terrible results. There is a current lawsuit right now over a crash where the lady is paralyzed for life. What a price to pay for a quick ride. nan and I have taken the ride before and it is the best scenery in the world for sure. We loved it.
I notice that I shorted myself a couple days of my meds, I read the calendar wrong, saw 8 days but it is actually more. So I'll spread out the bills I have not taking quick a full dose on the days between now and when I get home.
Tonight I jsut want to thank you for your advice and positive feedback to my determination to get into better shape. I have been very impressed with the weight loss by friends, the Conners, Sylvia and others. It tells me it can be done and that is encouraging. I need to eventually drop 75 lbs which is a lot and won't happen quickly.

So I send my love from this garden isle and I wish you were all here.

love

tim and jason and jo and timothy

1 Comments:

  • At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good evening Tim,

    Now where did today go? I've been busy, but I'm not sure what I accomplished. Do you ever have days like that?

    It sounds like you are all settled into your nice Kauai room and listening to the rain outside. Yes, Nikki, Steve and Keanna have left for home, but you still have more family there with you. Before you know it you will be home again and back to a routine.

    We have RAIN! I do love to hear the rain ~ Roger finds it gloomy, but we need it so badly that it is actually music to our ears. The lakes are coming up some which is good. Now bring on more!

    We have an older black lady coming from IL on Thursday for an interview and to check us out. It sounds very positive! She is a little older than we are, but from all references she has a lot of energy and looks and works like she's about 45. She has a monthly SS check. so isn't totally dependent on us. I'm almost afraid to hope it will work out.

    Good news on the possibility of getting that one credit card erased!!! Now wouldn't that be a real boost! I hope it all works out for you. Aren't you glad you didn't have your name on that one?

    It's past time for bed and I must head in that direction. I'm up late and it isn't even New Year's Eve!

    Enjoy the beautiful garden island and bonding with your little name sake.

    Love and prayers ~ Carol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home